fiction contest (regional): Memphis Magazine

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2007
      MEMPHIS MAGAZINE 2007 FICTION CONTEST
      www.memphismagazine.com

      We are seeking entries for our annual fiction contest. The winning story will
      earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of
      Memphis.Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of
      entries warrants. Contest cosponsors are Burke's Book Store, and Davis-Kidd
      Booksellers. Below are contest rules:

      1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
      2. Entries must be postmarked byAugust 1, 2007.
      3. You may submit more than one story but each entry must be accompanied by a
      $10 entry fee.
      4. Stories are NOT required to have a Memphis or Southern theme, but we do
      want a compelling story and first-rate writing.
      5. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled, numbered pages.
      Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words.
      6. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name, address,
      phone number, and the title of your story. Please do not put your name
      anywhere on the manuscript itself.
      7. Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous publication
      was not in a national magazine with over 20,000 circulation or in a regional
      publication within Shelby County.
      8. Manuscripts should be sent to FICTION CONTEST, c/o Memphis magazine, P. O.
      Box 1738, Memphis, TN 38101. NOTE: We cannot accept faxes or E-mails. Authors
      wishing their manuscripts returned must include a self-addressed stamped
      envelope with each entry.

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 25 4:14 AM
        RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE 2008 MEMPHIS MAGAZINE FICTION CONTEST
        http://www.memphismagazine.com/gyrobase/Magazine/Page?oid=21607

        Cosponsored by Burke's Book Store and Davis-Kidd Booksellers
        We are seeking entries for our annual fiction contest. The winning story
        will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of
        Memphis. Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the
        quality of entries warrants. Contest cosponsors are Burke's Book Store, and
        Davis-Kidd Booksellers. Below are contest rules:
        1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
        2. Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2008.
        3. You may submit more than one story but each entry must be accompanied by a
        $10 entry fee.
        4. Stories are NOT required to have a Memphis or Southern theme.
        4. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled, numbered pages.
        Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words.
        5. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name, address,
        phone number, and the title of your story. Please do not put your name
        anywhere on the manuscript itself.
        6. Manuscripts should be sent to FICTION CONTEST, c/o Memphis magazine, P.O.
        Box 1738, Memphis, TN 38101. NOTE: We cannot accept faxes or E-mails.
        Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a self-addressed
        stamped envelope with each entry.

        If you have further questions, call Marilyn Sadler at 521-9000, ext. 451, or
        email her at sadler@.... We look forward to receiving your
        stories.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 13, 2008
          Memphis Magazine 2008 Fiction Contest

          MEMPHIS MAGAZINE 2008 FICTION CONTEST

          We are seeking entries for our annual fiction contest. The winning story will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of Memphis magazine. Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of entries warrants. Contest co-sponsors are Burke's Book Store and Davis-Kidd Booksellers. Below are contest rules:

          1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.

          2. Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2008.

          3. You may submit more than one story but each entry must be accompanied by a $10 entry fee.

          4. Stories are NOT required to have a Memphis or Southern theme, but we do want a compelling story and first-rate writing.

          4. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled, numbered pages. Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words.

          5. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name, address, phone number, and the title of your story. Please do not put your name anywhere on the manuscript itself.

          6. Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous publication was not in a national magazine with over 20,000 circulation or in a regional publication within Shelby County.

          7. Manuscripts should be sent to FICTION CONTEST, c/o Memphis magazine, P. O. Box 1738, Memphis, TN 38101. NOTE: We cannot accept faxes or emails. Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a self-addressed stamped envelope with each entry.

          UR
          L for this story: http://www.memphisflyer.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=40021

          Message 4 of 10 , May 30, 2009
            RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE 2009 MEMPHIS MAGAZINE FICTION CONTEST
            http://www.memphismagazine.com/gyrobase/Magazine/Page?oid=21607

            Cosponsored by Burke's Book Store and Davis-Kidd Booksellers

            We are seeking entries for our annual fiction contest. The winning story
            will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of
            Memphis. Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of entries warrants. Contest cosponsors are Burke's Book Store, and Davis-Kidd Booksellers. Below are contest rules:
            1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
            2. Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2009.

                Message 7 of 10 , May 17, 2010
                  Correction from last posting of this contest: it does have an entry fee. Apologies for that error!

                  RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE 2010 MEMPHIS MAGAZINE FICTION CONTEST
                  http://www.memphismagazine.com/gyrobase/Magazine/Page?oid=21607
                  Cosponsored by Burke's Book Store and Davis-Kidd Booksellers

                  We are seeking entries for our annual fiction contest. The winning story
                  will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of
                  Memphis. Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of entries warrants. Contest cosponsors are Burke's Book Store, and Davis-Kidd Booksellers. Below are contest rules:
                  1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
                  2. Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2010.

                  <sadler(at)memphismagazine.com> (replace (at) with @). We look forward to receiving your stories.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2010

                    http://www.memphismagazine.com/gyrobase/Magazine/Page?oid=1341862

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 25, 2011
                        RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE 2011 MEMPHIS MAGAZINE FICTION CONTEST
                        http://www.memphismagazine.com/Memphis-Magazine/Fiction-Contest-Rules/

                        The winning story will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published
                        in our annual Culture Issue, which runs in June. (The 2011 winner will
                        appear in June 2012.) Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be
                        given if the quality of entries warrants. Below are contest rules:

                        1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
                        2. Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2011.
                        3. You may submit more than one story but each entry must be
                        accompanied by a $10 entry fee, with checks or money orders payable to
                        Memphis magazine.
                        4. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled,
                        numbered pages. Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words long.
                        5. Stories are not required to have a Memphis or Southern theme.
                        6. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name,
                        address, phone number, and the title of your story. Please do not put
                        your name anywhere on the manuscript itself.
                        7. Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous
                        publication was not in a national magazine with over 20,000 circulation
                        or in a regional publication within Shelby County.
                        8. Manuscripts should be sent to Fiction Contest, c/o Memphis
                        magazine, P.O. Box 1738, Memphis, TN 38101. Please do not send faxes
                        or emails. Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a
                        self-addressed stamped envelope with each entry.

                        Winners will be contacted in mid-to-late September.

                        This contest is cosponsored by Burke's Book Store and The Booksellers
                        at Laurelwood.

                        If you have further questions, call Marilyn Sadler at 521-9000, ext.
                        451, or via email