versus anthology seeks submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2008
      Open Submissions for The Versus Anthology

      Versus is a collection of works based on the theme of pitting
      iconic characters or forces against one another (for example,
      “Jesus VS Thor” or “Adolph Hitler VS Grendel”). Versus is edited
      by Josh Woods and is set for release in the spring of 2009 by
      Press 53 ( www.press53.com ). Versus already includes a great
      host of writers, such as Pinckney Benedict, Michael Kimball,
      Margaret McMullan, John McNally, Kyle Minor, Andrew Scott, Curtis
      Smith, Susan Woodring, and many others, but we have held a few
      spots open in order to give everyone interested the opportunity
      to join this anthology, so here is that opportunity.

      We’re looking mostly for short fiction of around 1,000-1,500
      words, but Versus is open to longer works as well as poetry,
      creative non-fiction, short screenplays, flash fiction, graphic
      novel pages, and even hybrid genres. Submissions can be
      previously published elsewhere as long as the writer has, or can
      obtain, (re)publication rights. Simultaneous and multiple
      submissions are allowed, but due to the volume of submissions, we
      will be unable to communicate about individual manuscripts other
      than to indicate that they are accepted or rejected. We will not
      respond prior to the submission deadline.

      The deadline for all submissions is June 1, 2008.

      Please send submissions by email attachment in Microsoft Word
      compatible format or as Adobe PDF to versusanthology(at)gmail.com

      (replace (at) with @)

      or submit by mail with SASE to:

      Versus Anthology
      Faner Hall 2390, MC 4503
      SIU Carbondale
      1000 Faner Hall
      Carbondale, IL 62901

      Cover letter is optional, but please include your name and email
      address on each page of the manuscript. For these few remaining
      spots in Versus, we are setting our focus on new, emerging, and
      innovative writers. For further details on what a Versus piece
      is, or even for the option of getting assigned a set of
      characters for your Versus piece, please visit
      www.myspace.com/versusanthology.