traveling mamas anthology seeks submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008
      Traveling Mamas Anthology
      http://travelingmamas.com/anthology/

      TravelingMamas.com is in search of true
      uplifting, funny, inspirational, and touching
      stories with a travel theme for an upcoming
      anthology series. Possible themes may include
      family travel, romantic escapes, girlfriend
      getaways, and solo trips.

      We’re looking for stories that inspire us, force
      us to laugh out loud or make us reach for the
      tissue box. Bring us into your story by using the
      five senses. Every story must have a beginning,
      middle, and end.

      Rights:

      We are requesting one-time rights. Reprints are
      acceptable as long as you own the rights.
      If your work has been published before we ask
      that you please send the name of the publication
      the story appeared and the date it was published
      with your submission. We will have the right to
      edit your work.
      Submission:

      Word count: 300-1000 words.
      More than one story may be submitted.
      The story can be told in first or third person.
      You don’t have to be a mom to tell the story.
      Deadline is midnight September 1, 2008.
      In the body of your email please include your
      name, address, phone number, and preferred email
      address. At the bottom of your story please
      include a brief author bio (no more than 100
      words) to be included in the back of the book. If
      your story is chosen you will be able to revise
      your bio before publication.

      Please send your submissions in the body of an
      email to anthology(at)travelingmamas.com

      (replace (at) with @)

      (no attachments will be opened).

      Compensation:

      $50 (Payment upon publication)
      A Traveling Mamas travel pack that includes one
      copy of the book your story appears in.
      Please be patient. This is a long process. We
      will let you know as soon we know if your story
      has been selected. If you don’t hear from us, we
      may be holding your story for upcoming books.

      Thank you for joining our journey. We look
      forward to reading your stories.