fiction & poetry contest: Black Warrior Review

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2008
      BWR's Fourth-Ever Fiction & Poetry Contest Announced!
      http://bwr.ua.edu/contest.html

      Yes, our fourth contest! The First Place Winner
      in each category will receive $1,000 and
      Publication in Spring 2009!
      All entries must be postmarked between May 1 and
      October 1, 2008.
      Guest judges will be announced soon.
      Send your entry to:
      Fiction Contest OR Poetry Contest
      Black Warrior Review
      Box 862936
      Tuscaloosa, AL 35486
      The Black Warrior Review will only consider
      previously unpublished work.
      Finalists in each category will receive notation
      in the Spring 2009
      issue and are also considered for publication.
      All contestants will also receive a complimentary
      one-year
      subscription. That's a whole dollar cheaper than
      ordering by
      conventional means. It's a deal, it's a steal,
      it's the sale of the
      century!
      Each entry must include name, phone number, and
      email on cover sheet only, as well as SASE and
      reading fee.
      The Reading Fee is $15 per short story (up to
      7500 words) and $15 per group of up to 3 poems.
      Make checks payable to The University of Alabama.
      (International entrants, please include an
      additional $6 for postage.)
      Thanks for your interest and good luck. We look
      forward to your
      submission!

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
        BWR's Fourth-EverĀ
        Fiction & Poetry Contest!

        http://blackwarrior.webdelsol.com/contest.html

        We know you've been holding on to that perfect story all year so you can blow away the compeition. Well, the time has come to unveil it. The Fourth-Ever Black Warrior Review Contest is in full effect! Get those stories in ASAP. All entries must bepostmarked by October 1, 2008.

        Guest Judges this year are Tomaz Salamun(poetry) and Lydia Millet (fiction).

        Send your entry to:
        Fiction Contest OR Poetry Contest
        Black Warrior Review
        Box 862936
        Tuscaloosa, AL 35486

        The Black Warrior Review will only consider previously unpublished work.

        Finalists in each category will receive notation in the Spring 2009
        issue and are also considered for publication.

        Each entry must include name, phone number, and email on cover sheet only, as well as SASE and reading fee.

        The Reading Fee is $15 per short story (up to 7500 words) and $15 per group of up to 3 poems. Make checks payable to The University of Alabama.

        All contestants will also receive a complimentary one-year
        subscription. That's a whole dollar cheaper than ordering by
        conventional means. It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the
        century!

        Again, all entries must be postmarked by October 1, 2008.