short story contest: Gival Press

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 17, 2007
      The Fourth Annual Gival Press Short Story Award
      http://www.givalpress.com/

      Deadline:
      August 8, 2007 (postmarked)
      Our dates never change, if the date falls on a Sunday, then Monday becomes
      the default postmarked date.

      Guidelines:
      Submissions of a previously unpublished original (not a translation) short
      story in English must be approximately 5,000 to 15,000 words of high literary
      quality, typed, double-spaced on one side of the paper only, with word count in
      the upper left hand side of the first page, along with the title. The author's
      name should not appear on the numbered pages of the ms which should be
      clipped together. Author should keep a copy of the submission as it will not be
      returned.

      Author Identification:
      Submit name, address, telephone number, email address on a separate page,
      along with the title of the short story submitted.

      A short bio should also be included.

      If the short story wins, the author must make the manuscript available to
      Gival Press on an IBM-compatible disk or CD in Rich Text Format (RTF)—this refers
      to how one saves the document on one's computer disk.

      Reading fee:
      $25.00 (USD) by check or money order drawn on an American bank for each short
      story submitted. Payable to: Gival Press, LLC.

      International entrants must send a check drawn on a USA bank routed through a
      USA address, such as Bank of America; no international money orders are
      acceptable.

      Please note that Gival Press can also accept the entry free by major credit
      card; however, we only take credit card information by phone (703.351.0079).

      Mail to:
      Robert L. Giron, Editor
      Gival Press Short Story Award
      Gival Press, LLC
      PO Box 3812
      Arlington, VA 22203.

      Notification of the Winner:
      Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for notification of the
      winner or visit our website (http://www.givalpress.com), where the winner and
      finalists will be announced.

      We try our best to announce the winner in the fall of the same year.
      Unfortunately it takes time to read and judge the entries and to contact the
      individuals involved.

      Prize:
      Author will receive $1,000.00 and the winning story will be published on the
      Gival Press website and in a future anthology of short stories.

      Judging:
      Short stories will be judged anonymously and the decision of the judge will
      be final. The winner for the previous award will be the judge for the following
      year.

      Discount Offered to Entrants:
      Anyone who has entered a Gival Press contest may purchase any books published
      or distributed by Gival Press at a 20% discount off the retail price, with
      free shipment. Credit cards are preferred. Kindly either call us (703.351.0079 -
      leave a message if we can't answer when you call and we will call you back)
      or send us an email with your phone number and we will call you, as we only
      accept the credit card information by phone.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 26, 2007
        Fourth Annual Gival Press Short Story Award
        http://givalpress.com/

[...]

        on an IBM-compatible disk or CD in Rich Text Format (RTF)葉his refers to how

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 9, 2008
          The 5th Annual Gival Press Short Story Award
          http://www.givalpress.com/

          Deadline:
          August 8, 2008 (postmarked)
          Our dates never change, if the date falls on a Sunday, then Monday becomes the default postmarked date.

          Guidelines:
          Submissions of a previously unpublished original (not a translation) short story in English must be approximately 5,000 to 15,000 words of high literary quality, typed, double-spaced on one side of the paper only, with word count in the upper left hand side of the first page, along with the title. The author's name should not appear on the numbered pages of the ms which should be clipped together. Author should keep a copy of the submission as it will not be returned.

          Author Identification:
          Submit name, address, telephone number, email address on a separate page, along with the title of the short story submitted.

          A short bio should also be included.

          If the short story wins, the author must make the manuscript available to Gival Press on an IBM-compatible disk or CD in Rich Text Format (RTF)his refers to how one saves the document on one's computer disk.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 12, 2009
                The 6th Annual Gival Press Short Story Award

                http://www.givalpress.com/

                Deadline:
                August 8, 2009 (postmarked)

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
                      Gival Press Short Story Contest
                      http://www.givalpress.com/

                      Deadline:
                      August 8, 2010 (postmarked)

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 29, 2011
                        8th annual short story award: Gival Press
                        http://www.givalpress.com/

                        Deadline:
                        August 8, 2011 (postmarked)

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 23, 2013
                          10TH ANNUAL GIVAL PRESS SHORT STORY AWARD for best original previously unpublished literary story (not a chapter of a novel) in English, approximately 5,000 to 15,000 words. Prize $1,000 and publication on Web site. Reading fee $25 per story submitted. Deadline August 8 (postmarked). For complete details, e-mail givalpressATyahooDOTcom or visit Web site www.givalpress.com. Gival Press, P.O. Box 3812, Arlington, VA 22203.