call for submissions: pacificREVIEW

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2008
      Call for Submissions: pacific REVIEW
      http://pacificreview.sdsu.edu/casa1.html

      2008-2009 Call for Submissions

      pacificREVIEW is now accepting submissions in all genres for its 2008-2009 issue.  Send us your best work: fiction, poetry, non-fiction (essays, reviews), photography and art.
      We look forward to reading your work.

      Address it to:

      pacifcREVIEW (genre, i.e. fiction, poetry)
      San Diego State University
      Dept. of English & Comp Lit
      Arts & Letters 226
      San Diego, CA  92182-6040

      The deadline for submissions is May 1st, 2008.

      All the best, and happy writing,

      Lester O’Connor, fiction editor
      Chrissy Rikkers, poetry editor

      SUBMISSIONS:

      pacificREVIEW welcomes submissions of previously unpublished poems, short stories, translations, and creative non-fiction, including essays and reviews.  We also accept submissions for art and cover art.

      Submissions should be directed to the appropriate editor (Fiction, Poetry, Nonfiction, or Art) at:

      pacificREVIEW (indicate genre)
      San Diego State University
      Dept. of English & Comp Lit
      Arts & Letters 226
      San Diego, CA  92182-6040

      GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:

      Fiction & other prose:  Mail submissions to the address above, Attention: Lester O’Connor, Fiction Editor.  Submissions should be typed on white, 8 1/2” x 11” paper. The title page should include the word count (no more 20 pages), as well as the author’s name and contact information.

      Poetry:  Mail 3-5 poems to the address above, Attention: Chrissy Rikkers, Poetry Editor.  Submissions should be typed on white, 8 1/2” x 11” paper, and include the author’s name and contact information.

      Translations: If submitting a translation, please include the original poems in the original language you are translating from, and be sure that you have acquired the rights from that author.

      Art:  Mail up to 5 works of photography/art – any style – attention: Art Editor. Image files should be sent to us via email as attachments: 300dpi jpgs or tiff files.

      PLEASE NOTE:

      Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for notification.  Manuscripts will not be returned. If you would like to be notified by email instead, please indicate clearly an email address where we can contact you (and skip the SASE).

      Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please notify us immediately if the work you’ve sent us has been accepted elsewhere.

      We do NOT accept electronic submissions.

      ** Deadline for all submissions is May 1st, 2008 **