mystery short story & novel contests: Wordharvest

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 12:47 PM
      Tony Hillerman Mystery Short Story Contest

      $1500 CASH PRIZE & PUBLICATION IN COWBOYS & INDIANS MAGAZINE

      CONTEST GUIDELINES:
      What we are looking for: We want your very best mystery short story, set in the Western or
      Southwestern United States. The story must include at least one cowboy and/or Native
      American character. We're looking for compelling, original, well-written stories that have
      not been previously published. This contest is jointly sponsored by COWBOYS & INDIANS
      MAGAZINE and WORDHARVEST.
      Theme – All entries must be mystery short stories set in the West or Southwest and feature
      at least one cowboy or one Native American character.
      Deadline for submission – September 15, 2008

      · THE HILLERMAN PRIZE

      $10,000 ADVANCE & PUBLICATION BY ST. MARTIN'S PRESS

      CONTEST GUIDELINES:
      What we are looking for: An unpublished mystery novel from a first time author. The
      murder or another serious crime or crimes is at the heart of the story, and emphasis is on
      the solution rather than the details of the crime.
      Theme - The story's primary setting is the Southwestern United States, including at least
      one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas,
      and Utah.
      Deadline for submission – July 1, 2008

      Visit www.wordharvest.com for complete rules and submission forms for both contests.

      Thanks so much.

      WORDHARVEST
      Anne Hillerman and Jean Schaumberg
      304 Calle Oso
      Santa Fe, NM 87501
      505-471-1565 wordharvest(at)wordharvest.com
      (replace (at) with @)
      www.wordharvest.com