poetry contest: Spoon River Poetry Review

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2008
      2008 Editors' Prize Contest
      $1,000

      One winning poem will be awarded $1000 and two runners-up will be awarded $100
      each. Winning poem, runners-up, and honorable mentions will be published in the 2008
      fall issue. This year's judge will be announced after judging is completed.

      Guidelines: Submit two copies of three unpublished poems, maximum of ten pages total.
      Name, address, and phone number of poet should appear on each page of one copy only.
      Entries must be unpublished and will not be returned.

      Entry Fee: Each $16 entry fee entitles entrant to a one-year subscription, or a gift
      subscription. Please indicate your choice and include current address for each subscription
      or gift subscription. Include SASE for notification of results.

      Mail Submissions to:

      The Spoon River Poetry Review Editors' Prize
      4241 Publications Unit
      Illinois State University
      Normal, IL 61790-4241

      Entries cannot be received by FAX or e-mail

      Deadline: Postmarked by April 15, 2008
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9, 2009
        2009 Editor's Prize

        Spoon River Poetry Review

        One winning poem will be awarded $1000 and two runners-up will be awarded $100 each. Winning poem, runners-up, and honorable mentions will be published in the 2009 fall issue. This year's judge will be announced after judging is completed.

        Guidelines: Submit two copies of three unpublished poems, maximum of ten pages total. Name, address, and phone number of poet should appear on each page of one copy only. Entries must be unpublished and will not be returned.

        Entry Fee: Each $16 entry fee entitles entrant to a one-year subscription, or a gift subscription. Please indicate your choice and include current address for each subscription or gift subscription. Include SASE for notification of results.

        Mail Submissions to:

        The Spoon River Poetry Review Editors' Prize
        4241 Dept. of English
        Publications Unit
        Illinois State University
        Normal, IL 61790-4241

        Entries cannot be received by FAX or e-mail

        Deadline: Postmarked by April 15, 2009

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 10 1:28 PM
          April 15
          $ 1,000 Editors’ Prize

          2012 Editors’ Prize: Winner awarded $1,000. Two runners-up awarded $100 each.
          Three to five honorable mentions. All winning poems, plus several finalists, are pub-
          lished in the summer/fall issue. 2011 judge was C. S. Giscombe. 2012 judge will be
          announced after winners are selected. Submit up to three poems by April 15, 2012.
          Entry fee of $20 includes one-year subscription. See website for guidelines and past
          winners. Kirstin Hotelling Zona, editor;

          www.litline.org/Spoon

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4, 2013
            SRPR Editors' Prize Contest: $1,000
            http://www.srpr.org/contest.php

            entry link:
            http://contest.srpr.org

            WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING ONLINE SUBMISSIONS!

            Deadline: April 15, annually (postmark)

            One winning poem will be awarded $1,000, two runners-up will be awarded $100 each, and 3-5 honorable mentions will be selected. All winning poems, honorable mentions, and several finalists are published in the winter issue of SRPR.

            Finalists are read by a prominent outside judge, who also writes an introduction to the winning poem. Recent judges include David Baker, C.S. Giscombe and Jeanne Marie Beaumont. Judges are announced after winners are selected.

            Entry Fee: Our entry fee of $20 includes a one-year subscription to SRPR (two issues). If you already subscribe, then we will extend your subscription.

            Guidelines:

            We accept simultaneous submissions. To withdraw a specific poem or the entire submission notify us by email at contact[AT]srpr[DOT]org.

            To Submit Online: Please visit online Submission Manager for the Editors' Prize Contest. You will find full guidelines on the submission page. Also please note that your SRPR issues will be shipped to the shipping address that you will select in PayPal.

            **Important note for existing subscribers to SRPR: when you are at the PayPal checkout page, please provide the email id that you have provided SRPR with for contact purposes. This will help us handle your subscription more efficiently. If you are not sure if your current email is the one you already have registered with SRPR, please email us with your mailing details and we will reply back with your email id.

            To Submit by Postal Mail : Submit two copies of up to three unpublished poems, maximum of ten pages total. Name, address, email and phone number of poet should appear on each page of one copy only; the other copy must be free of all identifying information. Entries must be unpublished and will not be returned. Please check our website in August for announcement of winners.

            To enter the contest, please send your entry, along with your check (made out to SRPR) to:

            SRPR (Spoon River Poetry Review)
            4241 Publications Unit
            Illinois State University
            Normal, IL 61790-4241
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 16, 2014
              SRPR Editors' Prize Contest
              (http://www.srpr.org/contest.php)

              First Place Prize: $1,000,
              publication, and introduction written by prominent outside judge

              Entry Fee: $20, includes one-year subscription to SRPR (two issues).

              Deadline: April 15, 2014 (postmark)

              Submission: ONLINE as well postal

              SRPR (Spoon River Poetry Review) is pleased to announce the opening of
              our annual Editors' Prize Contest! One winning poem will be awarded
              $1,000, two runners up will be awarded $100 each, and three-five
              honorable mentions will be selected. All winning poems, honorable
              mentions, and several finalists are published in the winter issue of
              SRPR. Please note that we are now accepting online submissions.

              Recent judges include Juliana Spahr, David Baker, C.S. Giscombe and
              Jeanne Marie Beaumont. Judges are announced after winners are selected.
              Please check our new website in August for announcement of winners. For
              full guidelines please visit our website:
              http://www.srpr.org/contest.php
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 16 4:57 PM
                Prizes: One winning poem will be awarded $1,000, two runners up will be awarded $100 each, and three-five honorable mentions will be selected. All winning poems, honorable mentions, and several finalists are published in the winter issue of SRPR.

                All entries are read blind at every stage, and all finalists are read by a well-known outside judge. Recent judges include Juliana Spahr, David Baker, C.S. Giscombe and Jeanne Marie Beaumont. Judges are announced after winners are selected. Please check our new website in August for announcement of winners: http://www.srpr.org/

                Entry Fee: Our entry fee of $20 includes a one-year subscription to SRPR (two issues). If one already subscribes, we will extend the subscription.

                Contest Opens: November 15, annually

                Deadline: April 15, annually (postmark)

                Guidelines: Please visit our website for full guidelines. Entries must be unpublished and will not be returned. You will find recent winners and their poems at the bottom of our contest page:  http://www.srpr.org/contest.p hp
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 21 8:02 AM
                  SRPR's annual Editors' Prize contest
                  is open, and that we are accepting online as well as paper
                  submissions.
                  http://www.srpr.org/contest.php

                  Spread the word about our contest and its new features
                  to friends, colleagues and promising students! To that end, here are
                  the nuts and bolts: