anthology on motherhood seeks poems

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 6:16 AM
      Motherhood Anthology (Poetry/Photography)

      Photographer Elisha Rain & poet/writer Kelli Russell Agodon are joining
      together to create an anthology that speaks to being a mother in this current
      world.  We are looking for poems exploring all areas of pregnancy, birth, and any
      aspects of being a mother.  We are very open to all motherhood content and
      themes, but want poems that are powerful, truthful, thought-provoking, and/or
      thoughtful.

      Send no more than 4 poems cut & pasted into the text of the email to:
      motherhoodanthology(at)excite.com  -- replace (at) with @

      Or you may mail your poems with an SASE to:  Motherhood Anthology, PO Box
      1524, Kingston, WA  98346

      Please include bio, contact information, and a brief paragraph about your
      experience or thoughts on motherhood, your relationship to motherhood and how it’
      s changed you (maybe you have chosen not to be a mother), how you balance
      your life as a poet and a mother, or some insight you’ve learned as a mother.

      Previously published poems are welcome as long as you hold the rights to the
      poems.

      We are currently querying publishers, so we are unsure what compensation
      will be, however our goal is monetary payment as well as a copy of the
      anthology.

      For more information about the editors of this anthology, please feel free
      to visit their websites:

      Elisha Rain, Photographer   www.erainimages.com
      Kelli Russell Agodon, Poetry Editor   www.agodon.com

      Postmark deadline: October 31, 2007

      Thank you for your interest in this project.  Any questions or inquiries may
      also be addressed to motherhoodanthology(at)excite.com