poetry contest for second through twelfth grade students

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2008
      Sarah Mook Poetry Contest for Students

      P.O. Box 20  Lahaska, PA 18931

      Sarah Mook Memorial Poetry Prize: to acknowledge, encourage and reward the efforts of student poets.

      email: davidmook(at)aol.com   Please include "Sarah Mook Poetry Contest" in subject line.

      http://hometown.aol.com/davidmook/index.html

      2008 Guidelines-- This year's awards will be $100 First Prize, $50 Second Prize and $25 Third Prize in each of four categories: Kindergarten through Second Grade, Third through Fifth Grades, Sixth through Eighth Grades, and Ninth through Twelfth Grades.You may enter up to three poems of any length on any subject. All poems must be typed. Your name should not appear on the poems. Include a separate cover sheet with the poem titles, your name, grade, address, and the name of your school. Also include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive results by mail. An optional donation of $5 (five dollars) in the form of check or  money order payable to the "Sarah Mook Outreach Fund" would be appreciated. Donations will be given in Sarah's Memory to St. Joseph's Indian School, Chamberlain, South Dakota. I hope you will join us in this outreach to the Lakota boys and girls of South Dakota. Pilamaya - Lakota for "thank you." Entries must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2008. Winners will be announced in May. Send entries to Sarah Mook Poetry Contest P.O. Box 20, Lahaska, PA 18931 Thanks, and good luck with your writing.

      In the first three years of the Sarah Mook Poetry Contest we were pleased to receive more than 4000 poems and award nearly $4000 in prizes to many deserving young poets. Additionally, thanks to the generosity of participants, a donation totaling $1,103 has been given in Sarah's memory to the St Joseph's Indian School. Address any  questions to  davidmook(at)aol.com (replace (at) with @). Be sure to put Sarah Mook Poetry Contest in subject line and I will respond asap. Thank you!

       We feel encouraged

      to see so many students writnig poetry,

      and doing it so well. It was truly an honor

      to read every one of your poems. We are

      most grateful to all who helped to make

      this contest a rewarding experience, and

      for helping to honor both Sarah and poetry.

      We wish you continued success in your

      writing.

      Peace and Wonder,

      David Mook