"mile high" anthology seeks work (adult themes)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2008
      Plane Sex: Mile High Erotica (working title)
      Edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel
      To be published by Cleis Press
      Payment: $50/story and 2 copies of the anthology on publication.
      Deadline: May 15, 2008

      Editor Rachel Kramer Bussel is looking for erotica featuring sex on a plane.  All genders/sexual orientations. Please keep in mind that since the book's theme is so specific, I am looking for as broad a range of sex acts, situations, and relationships as possible. Creativity is key here. Sex between passengers, flight attendants, pilots, private planes and commercial jets, incorporating sex toys and/or kink are all welcome. Original stories are highly preferred, but reprints will be considered as long as you retain the rights to the story; if you are sending a reprint, please state when and where it was originally published. To get a feel for the kinds of stories I like, please read any of my previous Cleis Press anthologies.

      All characters must be over 18; no incest or bestiality.

      Payment: Contributors will receive $50/story and 2 copies of the anthology on publication.

      How to submit: Send double spaced Times New Roman 12 point black font Word document OR RTF of 2,000-4,000 word story along with your legal name (and pseudonym if applicable), mailing address, and 50-75 word bio to milehighantho(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @) make sure you indent half an inch at the start of each paragraph and do not add extra lines between paragraphs. Those who do not submit in this format and include this information will not be considered.

      Authors may submit up to two stories for this anthology. If you want to make sure I've received your submission, please state that in your cover letter. Send only the final version of your story; do NOT submit a draft or unfinished version only to later submit an updated version. If for some reason it is impossible to send your story as a Word document or RTF attachment, please paste it into the body of your email. Submissions will be considered on a rolling basis, so the earlier you get yours in, the better your chances of acceptance.

      You can expect to hear from me by November 2008 at the latest with a final decision. I will do my best to give you a preliminary answer by July 2008, but until then, please do not ask about the selection process; I promise to let you know as soon as I can. Any questions about this anthology should be sent to milehighantho(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @)

      Deadline: May 15, 2008

      About the Editor:  Rachel Kramer Bussel (www.rachelkramerbussel.com) is an author, editor, blogger, and reading series host. Her books include Yes, Sir, Yes, Ma'am, Naughty Spanking Stories from A to Z 1 and 2, He's on Top, She's on Top, Caught Looking, Hide and Seek, Crossdressing, First-Timers, Up All Night, Glamour Girls, Dirty Girls, and the non-fiction anthology Best Sex Writing 2008. Her writing has been published in over 100 anthologies, including Best American Erotica 2004 and 2006. She's contributed to AVN, Bust, Cosmo UK, Fresh Yarn, Gothamist, Huffington Post, Mediabistro, New York Post, Penthouse, Playgirl, San Francisco Chronicle, Time Out New York, and other publications. She serves as Senior Editor at Penthouse Variations, hosts and curates In The Flesh Erotic Reading Series and wrote the popular Lusty Lady column for The Village Voice. Her first novel, Everything But, will be published by Bantam.