visiting fiction writer: UMSL

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2008
      University of Missouri - St. Louis. The MFA Program at the University of Missouri-St. Louis seeks a distinguished visiting fiction writer for the spring semester of 2009. While here, the visitor will teach two classes: the graduate fiction workshop & a class of his or her choice which can be an advanced undergraduate class or another graduate class. The visitor also will give at least one reading (on or off campus), will attend the student & faculty readings, will hold office hours, will serve on thesis committees if asked, & will otherwise mentor & work with our graduate students.  We seek a writer with significant literary publications (at least one novel or collection of short stories, preferably more, from a known press) & teaching experience.  Finalists will be bought in for a reading & visit in early fall 08. Please send a letter of application, c.v., & at least two letters of recommendation by April 11th to: Mary Troy/ MFA Program Director/Department of English/ University of Missouri-St. Louis/ One University Blvd/ St. Louis, MO 63121.  Do not send books yet; we will request books from the semi-finalists by June. The University of Missouri-St. Louis is an urban university whose MFA program consists of evening classes for otherwise working adults. EOE/AA.