novel contest: Gival Press

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 9:17 AM
      4th Annual Gival Press Novel Award
      http://www.givalpress.com/

      Deadline:
      May 30, 2008 (postmarked)
      Our dates never change, if the date falls on a Sunday, then Monday becomes the default postmarked date.

      Guidelines:
      Submissions of a previously unpublished original (not a translation) novel in English must be approximately 30,000 to 100,000 words of high literary quality, typed, double-spaced on one side of the paper only, with word count in the upper left hand side of the first page, along with the title. Please make sure the ms is bound in some way (a clip, rubber band, etc.). The author's name should not appear on the numbered pages of the ms. Author should keep a copy of the submission as it will not be returned.

      Author Identification:
      Submit name, address, telephone number, email address on a separate page, along with the title of the novel submitted.

      A short bio should also be included.

      If the manuscript wins, the author must make the manuscript available to Gival Press on an IBM-compatible disk or CD in Rich Text Format (RTF)his refers to how one saves the document on one's computer disk.

      Reading fee:
      $50.00 (USD) by check or money order drawn on an American bank for each novel submitted. Payable to: Gival Press, LLC.

      International entrants must send a check drawn on a USA bank routed through a USA address, such as Bank of America; no international money orders are acceptable.

      Please note that Gival Press can also accept the entry free by major credit card; however, we only take credit card information by phone (703.351.0079).

      Mail to:
      Robert L. Giron, Editor
      Gival Press Novel Award
      Gival Press, LLC
      PO Box 3812
      Arlington, VA 22203.

      Notification of the Winner:
      Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for notification of the winner or visit our website (http://www.givalpress.com), where the winner and finalists will be announced.

      We try our best to announce the winner in the fall of the same year. Unfortunately it takes time to read and judge the entries and to contact the individuals involved.

      Prize:
      Author will receive $3,000.00 and his/her novel will be published by Gival Press. He/she will receive 20 copies of the publication. A standard contract is offered.

      Judging:
      Novels will be judged anonymously and the decision of the judges will be final.

      The final judge will be announced later.

      Discount Offered to Entrants:
      Anyone who has entered a Gival Press contest may purchase any books published or distributed by Gival Press at a 20% discount off the retail price, with free shipment. Credit cards are preferred. Kindly either call us (703.351.0079 - leave a message if we can't answer when you call and we will call you back) or send us an email with your phone number and we will call you, as we only accept the credit card information by phone.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2008
[...]

        IBM-compatible disk or CD in Rich Text Format (RTF)—this refers to how one saves the

        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2012
          8th Annual Gival Press Novel Award

          http://www.givalpress.com/

          Deadline:
          May 30, 2012 (postmarked)
          Our dates never change, if the date falls on a Sunday or Memorial Day, then Monday or the next day (respectively) becomes the default postmarked date.

          Guidelines:
          Submissions of a previously unpublished original (not a translation) novel in English must be approximately 30,000 to 100,000 words of high literary quality, typed, double-spaced on one side of the paper only, with word count in the upper left hand side of the first page, along with the title; please bind the ms with a clip or rubber band. The author's name should not appear on the numbered pages of the ms. Author should keep a copy of the submission as it will not be returned.

          Please be sure that your package is securely sealed.

          Author Identification:
          Submit name, address, telephone number, email address on a separate page, along with the title of the novel submitted.

          A short bio should also be included.

          If the manuscript wins, the author must make the manuscript available to Gival Press on an IBM-compatible CD or USB in Rich Text Format (RTF)—this refers to how one saves the document on one's computer disk.