poetry contest: Poetry International

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
      Poetry International announces the inaugural call for entries for the Poetry International Prize.

      The prize is for the best original poem, and the winner will receive $1,000 and publication in Poetry International.

      In addition, three finalists will be published in that same issue and five honorable mentions will be designated and considered for publication.

      Only previously unpublished work will be considered for the contest, which will be judged by Ilya Kaminsky.

      Please include your name, phone number, and email on the cover sheet of your submission only, as well as an SASE and a check for $15. That reading fee will cover up to five poems, but you can include additional poems for $3 each.

      All entries must be postmarked by March 14, 2008.

      Thanks for your interest and good luck. We look forward to reading your submission!

      Poetry International
      San Diego State University
      5500 Campanile Drive
      San Diego, California 92182-8140

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2008
        Poetry International announces the inaugural call for entries for the Poetry International Prize.
        http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/Prize.htm

        The prize is for the best original poem, and the winner will receive $1,000 and publication in Poetry International.

        In addition, three finalists will be published in that same issue and five honorable mentions will be designated and considered for publication.

        Only previously unpublished work will be considered for the contest, which will be judged by Ilya Kaminsky.

        Please include your name, phone number, and email on the cover sheet of your submission only, as well as an SASE and a check for $15. That reading fee will cover up to five poems, but you can include additional poems for $3 each.

        All entries must be postmarked by April 15, 2008.

        Thanks for your interest and good luck. We look forward to reading your submission!

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2009
          Poetry International announces call for entries for the Poetry International Prize 2009.

          http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/Prize.htm

          A prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International is given annually for a single poem. Sandra Alcosser will judge.

          Submit up to three poems with a $10 entry fee by April 15, 2009. (Entrants may submit additional poems for a charge of $3 per poem.) The winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2009.

          Guidelines

          Provide your contact information & titles of all poems submitted, on the title page.

          Author name and information should appear only on the title page.

          No handwritten entries, please.

          Please make your entry easy to read no illustrations, fancy fontss or decorative borders.

          Simultaneous Submission Allowed: You may submit your poems simultaneously.  Please contact us if we need to withdraw your poem(s) because they have been accepted elsewhere.

          Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.

          A Note to Previous Poetry International Prize Contestants

          You are welcome to enter this year's contest, whether or not you won a prize in the previous year.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 29, 2009
            Poetry International announces call for entries for the Poetry International Prize 2009.

            http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/Prize.htm

            A prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International is given annually for a single poem. Sandra Alcosser will judge.

            Submit up to three poems with a $10 entry fee (Entrants may submit additional poems for a charge of $3 per poem.) Deadline has been extended to May 15th. The winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2009.

            Guidelines

            Provide your contact information & titles of all poems submitted, on the title page.

            Author name and information should appear only on the title page.

            No handwritten entries, please.

            Please make your entry easy to read no illustrations, fancy fontss or decorative borders.

            Simultaneous Submission Allowed: You may submit your poems simultaneously.  Please contact us if we need to withdraw your poem(s) because they have been accepted elsewhere.

            Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.

            A Note to Previous Poetry International Prize Contestants

            You are welcome to enter this year's contest, whether or not you won a prize in the previous year.

            Poetry International
            San Diego State University
            5500 Campanile Drive
            San Diego, CA 92182-6020

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 19, 2010
              Poetry International is now accepting submissions for our 2010 contest.
              A prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International is given annually for a single poem. B.H. Boston will judge.
              Submit up to three previously unpublished poems with a $10 entry fee (entrants may submit additional poems for a charge of $3 per poem). Postmark deadline is April 23rd. The winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2010.
              Guidelines

              Provide your contact information & titles of all poems submitted on the title page. Author name and information should appear only on the title page.

              If desired, include a SASE for results.

              Please make checks payable to Poetry International.

              Please make your entry easy to read--no illustrations, fancy fonts or decorative borders. No handwritten entries, please.

              Simultaneous Submission Allowed: You may submit your poems simultaneously. Please contact us if we need to withdraw your poem(s) because they have been accepted elsewhere.

              Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.

              A Note to Previous Poetry International Prize Contestants
              You are welcome to enter this year's contest, whether or not you won a prize in a previous year.
              Address
              We do not accept emailed submissions. Please snail mail entries to:
              Poetry International
              Department of English and Comparative Literature
              San Diego State University
              5500 Campanile Drive MC 6020
              San Diego, California 92182-6020
              For More Information
              Please visit our website: http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 24, 2010
                Poetry International’s 2010 Contest deadline has been EXTENDED to May 5!
                http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/index.htm

                Please note this is a postmark deadline. A prize of $1000 and publication in Poetry International is given annually for a single poem. B.H. Boston will judge. The winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2010. The entrance fee is $10 for 3 poems (add $3 dollars for each additional poem entered). We accept cash, personal check, and money order. Please make checks payable to Poetry International. Send entries to:

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 22, 2011
                  Contest: C.P. Cavafy Poetry Prize

                  Poetry International is pleased to announce its first annual C.P. Cavafy Poetry Prize. The C.P. Cavafy Poetry Prize is judged collectively by the hearty editorial staff of Poetry International. Each year, we will honor the great Cavafy by selecting one poem that injects our veins with jealous delight. You know that poem, it's the one you wish you had written, it's oh-so-staggering.

                  The winner will receive a $1,000 prize and publication in an upcoming issue of Poetry International. All finalists will be considered for publication, as well.

                  DEADLINE: Feb. 15, 2011

                  C.P. Cavafy Contest Guidelines
                  Include a $15 entry fee for up to three poems. You may include additional poems for a $3 reading fee per poem. We accept cash, check, and money order. Please make checks payable to "Poetry International."
                  On the title page, provide your contact information and the titles of all poems submitted.
                  Author name and information should appear ONLY on the title page.
                  Please make your entries easy to read––no illustrations, fancy fonts, or decorative borders. No handwritten entries.
                  Simultaneous submissions are permitted. Please contact us if we need to withdraw your poems because they have been accepted elsewhere.
                  Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
                  Manuscripts will be recycled.
                  We will announce the winner on our website and blog in the spring of 2011, so no SASE is necessary.
                  While we hope to be able to accept online submissions in the future, currently we can only accept submissions through snail mail. Please mail your submissions to:
                  C.P. Cavafy Award
                  Poetry International
                  Dept. of English and Comparative Literature
                  San Diego State University
                  5500 Campanile Dr. San Diego, CA 92182-6020

                  For more information on Poetry International, or to contact us, please visit our website: http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/index.htm
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 22, 2011
                    POETRY INTERNATIONAL PRIZE

                    A prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International is given
                    annually for a single, original poem. Submit up to 3 poems with a $15
                    entry fee. You may submit additional poems for a $3 reading fee per
                    poem. Steve Kowit will judge. The winner will be announced on our
                    website in the fall of 2011.

                    Please mail your submissions to:

                    Poetry International Prize 2011
                    Dept. of English and Comparative Literature
                    San Diego State University
                    5500 Campanile Dr. San Diego, CA 92182-6020

                    DEADLINE: May 30, 2011

                    GUIDELINES:
                    Provide your contact information & the titles of all poems submitted on
                    the title page.

                    Author name and information should appear ONLY on the title page.

                    Please make your entry easy to read––no illustrations, fancy fonts or
                    decorative borders. No handwritten entries, please.

                    Simultaneous submissions are permitted. Please contact us if we need to
                    withdraw your poem(s) because they have been accepted elsewhere.

                    Please make checks payable to "Poetry International."

                    Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you
                    wrote both the original poem and the translation.

                    No SASE necessary. We will announce the winners on our website and
                    blog. All manuscripts will be recycled.