poetry contest: Franklin-Christoph

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2007
      Guidelines for the 2007 Franklin-Christoph Poetry Contest
      http://www.franklin-christoph.com/Writing/PoetryContest.html

      We will award $2450 in total prizes, including the $1000 cash grand
      prize.

      Submission Period
      Entries accepted May 1-Dec 31 (postmark dates), 2007.

      What to Submit
      Original, unpublished poem of any theme. Limit of 3 entries per
      contestant.
      Entries
      should not exceed 100 lines each.

      Prizes
      First Prize, $1,000 cash and publication on Franklin-Christoph.com
      Five Merit Award Winners, each to receive a $290 1901 Fountain Pen, or
      alternate
      FC
      product of their choice of equal or less value, and publication on
      Franklin-
      Christoph.com.

      Entry is Free
      There will be no fee or other obligation for entering this contest.

      Deadline
      December 31, 2007. Your entry must be postmarked or submitted online by
      this
      date.

      Preparing Your Entry
      Submit one copy of your poems online or by mail. Provide your contact
      information
      within your email, or on a separate cover sheet if submitting by mail.
      If your
      poem
      contains complex formatting, such as centered text or italic type, we
      recommend
      submitting by mail. Please make your entry easy to read — no
      illustrations,
      fancy
      fonts or decorative borders.

      How To Submit
      Email to clientservice(at)franklin-christoph.com
      (replace (at) with @)
      by either pasting within message or attachment.

      or mail to:

      Franklin-Christoph Poetry Contest
      7511 Mourning Dove Rd. Ste. 104
      Raleigh, NC 27615

      Please include a cover letter (or email) with your name and contact
      number. The
      poem itself should not contain your name or any contact information. We
      will
      hold
      original copies at our headquarters, and submit anonymous copies to our
      panel of

      judges.

      Announcement of Winners
      The winners will be announced in our Client List Email and on Franklin-
      Christoph.com on January 15, 2008.

      Entries Must Be Original and Unpublished
      Your entries must be original, written by you, unpublished (either in
      print or
      in an
      online journal), and not have received a monetary award from any other
      contest.
      Self-published work is not eligible. Exceptions: Poems posted to the
      web outside
      of
      online journals, such as to a bulletin board, email list, personal web
      page,
      critique
      site or public forums are eligible for entry. Please email us if you're
      unsure
      of
      eligibility. Our staff will research all submissions for prior
      publication.

      Simultaneous Submission Allowed
      You may submit your poems simultaneously to this contest and to other
      contests
      and publishers. Please notify us if one of your entries wins an award
      in another

      contest or is published elsewhere.

      English Language
      Poems should be in English. Poems translated from other languages are
      not
      eligible.

      Privacy
      We respect your privacy. Franklin-Christoph does not sell or rent
      customer or
      contestant information to third parties.

      Copyright
      You retain the copyright to your submission. If you place as finalist
      or better,

      Franklin-Christoph only requests permission to publish your work on
      Franklin-
      Christoph.com, in our email publications and in our press releases. Any
      other
      potential use will be negotiated with you.

      Judging
      Franklin-Christoph will utilize a panel of independent judges from a
      staff at a
      local
      college. Members of the FC Staff, or other economically affiliated
      persons are
      not
      eligible to enter.

      Form
      We are open to poetry in all forms, on all subjects, short or tall,
      large or
      small.

      from AOL at AOL.com.
      =0
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2009
        Guidelines for the 2009 Franklin-Christoph Poetry Contest

        We will award $2500 in total prizes, including the $1000 cash grand prize. 10 Merit Award Winners will receive $150 Franklin-Christoph writing instruments.

        http://www.franklin-christoph.com/Writing/PoetryContest.html

        Submission Period
        Entries accepted July 15th-Nov 30, at midnight EST, 2009.

        What to Submit
        Original, unpublished poem of any theme. Limit of 2 entries per contestant. Entries should not exceed 100 lines each.

        Prizes
        First Prize, $1,000 cash and publication on Franklin-Christoph.com
        Ten Merit Award Winners, each to receive a $150 Franklin-Christoph writing instrument, and publication on Franklin-Christoph.com. Winners announced by Feb 13th, 2010.

        Entry is Free
        There will be no fee or other obligation for entering this contest.

        Deadline
        November 30, 2009. Your entry must be submitted online by this date.

        Preparing Your Entry
        Submit one copy of your poems by email. Provide your contact information within your email. Be sure to include your actual name and address, as we will not be able to send prizes to alternate names and addresses after winners have been announced. It is okay to use a pen name with the poem as well, and we will review with you how you would like your specifics to read before publication. It is best to avoid complex formatting, such as centered text or italic type, though alterations can be made in this regard before publication. Please make your entry easy to read — no illustrations, fancy fonts or de
        corative borders.

        How To Submit
        For 2009 we are requiring all submissions to be via email in order to better manage them internally.

[...]

        We respect your privacy. Franklin-Christoph does not sell or rent customer or contestant information to third parties, nor do we use it for solicitation o
        f any kind. If you would like to sign up for our fine pen email, you can choose that option, or also follow us on Twitter for all Franklin-Christoph content.

        Copyright
        You retain the copyright to your submission. If you place as Merit Award Winner or better, Franklin-Christoph only requests permission to publish your work on Franklin-Christoph.com, in our email publications and in our press releases. Any other potential use will be negotiated with you.

        Judging
        Franklin-Christoph will utilize a panel of independent judges from a staff at a local college. Members of the FC Staff, or other economically affiliated persons are not eligible to enter. Neither are family or associates of the panel of judges.

        Form
        We are open to poetry in all forms, on all subjects, short or tall, large or small. (within 100 lines)

        Thank you for you participation, and we look forward to receiving your entry.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
          Guidelines for the 2010 Franklin-Christoph Poetry Contest - Now Open!
          http://www.franklin-christoph.com/Writing/PoetryContest.html

          We will award $2500 in total prizes, including the $1000 cash grand prize. 10 Merit Award Winners will receive $150 Franklin-Christoph writing instruments.

          Submission Period
          Entries accepted Oct. 1st - Dec. 31st, at midnight EST, 2010.

          What to Submit
          Original, unpublished poem of any theme. Limit of 2 entries per contestant. Entries should not exceed 100 lines each.

          Prizes
          First Prize, $1,000 cash and publication on Franklin-Christoph.com
          Ten Merit Award Winners, each to receive a $150 Franklin-Christoph writing instrument, and publication on Franklin-Christoph.com. Winners announced by March 15th, 2011.

          Entry is Free
          There will be no fee or other obligation for entering this contest.

          Deadline
          December 31st, 2010. Your entry must be submitted online by this date.

          Preparing Your Entry
          Submit one copy of your poems by email. Provide your contact information within your email. Be sure to include your actual name and address, as we will not be able to send prizes to alternate names and addresses after winners have been announced.It is okay to use a pen name with the poem as well, and we will review with you how you would like your specifics to read before publication. It is best to avoid complex formatting, such as centered text or italic type, though alterations can be made in this regard before publication. Please make your entry easy to read — no illustrations, fancy fonts or decorative borders.

          How To Submit
          For 2010 we are requiring all submissions to be via email in order to better manage them internally.
          Email to <fcpoetrycontest(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)
          fcpoetrycontest@.... Please include your poetry and name and address within the body of the email. Attachments will no longer be accepted. *Note, this is a new email address from previous years. Contact name is Lauren Taylor.
          Please include your name, address and contact number at the top of your email. We will hold original copies at our headquarters, and submit anonymous copies to our panel of judges.