poetry contest: Crab Creek Review

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 8, 2008

      Announcing the 2008 Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest

      Deadline May 31, 2008

      Prize is $100 and publication in Crab Creek Review

      Crab Creek Poetry Contest Submission Guidelines

      Submit up to 3 poems

      Unpublished poetry only

      Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as long as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere

      Entry fee: $10 check payable to Crab Creek Review

      Include SASE  for notification

       No electronic submissions

      The winner to be determined by our guest judge -- Kathleen Flenniken.

      Kathleen Flenniken's first book, Famous (University of Nebraska, 2006), won the Prairie Schooner Book Prize and was named an ALA Notable Book and a Washington State Book Award Finalist. Other awards include fellowships from the NEA and Artist Trust. She is co-editor and president of Floating Bridge Press.

      Please send submissions to:

      Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest

      c/o 7315 34th Ave NW

      Seattle, WA 98117

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 9, 2008

        http://www.crabcreekreview.org/

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 26, 2009
          The Poetry Contest entry period is
          March 15 through May 31

          http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

          We will accept submissions from March 15, 2009 through May 31, 2009. Our prize
          is $150 and publication in Crab Creek Review. All entries will be considered for

          publication.

          Crab Creek Review Contest Submission Guidelines

          Entry fee: $10 for up to 5 poems
          Unpublished poems only
          Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as long as we
          are
          notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere
          Name and contact information must not appear on poems
          Include SASE and check payable to Crab Creek Review
          No electronic submissions
          The winner to be determined by our guest judge, Aimee Nezhukumatathil. Students
          or close friends of the judge are asked not to submit.
          Postmark deadline: May 31, 2009
          Please send submissions to:

          CCR Prize
          c/o 7315 34th Ave NW
          Seattle, WA 98117

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5, 2010
            Guidelines for Crab Creek Review's 2010 Poetry Contest
            Entry Dates: Feb. 1, 2010 - May 31, 2010
            http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

            Submit up to 5 previously unpublished poems
            Entry fee: $10, check payable to Crab Creek Review
            Please include name, address, phone number, email, and a short bio in your cover letter
            Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as long as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere
            Include a SASE for notification of results
            Name and contact info should not appear on poems
            No electronic submissions
            Deadline for all submissions: May 31, 2010
            The winning poet will receive $200 and publication in CCR 2010 Vol. II
            All entries will be considered for publication
            Please mail all submissions to: Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest, c/o 7315 34th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117
            The winner will be determined by our guest judge, Nancy Pagh
            (we ask that friends, associates, and students of the judge not submit to this contest)

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 30, 2011
                Please join us for our annual Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest with our
                incredible judge, Dorianne Laux!

                Crab Creek Review Poetry Prize
                Entry Dates: March 15, 2011 - May 31, 2011
                Guest Judge: Dorianne Laux
                Prize: $200 & publication in Crab Creek Review, also *all* entries will
                be considered for publication and as finalists for this prize.

                Guidelines:
                Submit up to 5 previously unpublished poems
                Entry fee: $10, check payable to Crab Creek Review
                Please include name, address, phone number, email, and a short bio in
                your cover letter

                Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as long
                as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere

                Include a SASE for notification of results
                Name and contact info should not appear on poems
                No electronic submissions

                Postmark deadline for all submissions: May 31, 2011

                The winning poet will receive $200 and publication in Crab Creek Review
                All entries will be considered for publication

                The winner will be determined by our guest judge, Dorianne Laux
(we ask
                that friends, associates, and students of the judge not submit to this
                contest)

                Please send submissions to:

                Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest

                c/o 7315 34th Ave NW

                Seattle, WA 98117

                Please read our complete guidelines here:
                http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

                Crab Creek Review is a perfect-bound print literary journal dedicated
                to publishing the best writing from the Northwest and beyond. We have
                a 28-year-old history as one of Seattle's strongest and most
                well-respected independent non-profit literary journals that continues
                to play an active part in the literary community and on a national
                level.
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 14, 2012
                  The 2012 Crab Creek Review's Poetry Prize
                  (http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm) is currently underway!

                  Winning Prize: $200 and publication in our journal. Finalists will
                  also be published in Crab Creek Review and all poems submitted to the
                  contest are considered for publication as well.

                  Guidelines:

                  ~ Submit up to 3 previously unpublished poems by EMAIL.
                  ~ Entry fee: $10, payable by PayPal to Crab Creek Review.
                  ~ Email submissions only.

                  ~ Send your cover letter in the body of the email (not as an
                  attachment). It should include your contact information: name, email,
                  mailing address, a brief bio, and the names of the poems you are
                  submitting.

                  ~ Send your poems in a single MS Word Doc attached to your email.
                  Please send your work in New Times Roman and 12 pt. font. Title your
                  attachment with your full name and “Poetry Contest”. Please send your
                  3 poems in one document, not three separate documents.

                  ~ Name and contact info should not appear on poems.

                  ~ Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as
                  long as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere.

                  ~ Deadline for all submissions: May 31, 2012.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 27, 2012
                    Guidelines for Crab Creek Review's 2012 Poetry Contest

                    to pay contest entry fee, go to
                    http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

                    Entry Dates: March 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012

                    · Submit up to 3 previously unpublished poems.
                    · Entry fee: $10, payable (PayPal button at http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm) to Crab Creek Review.
                    · Email submissions only.
                    · Send your cover letter in the body of the email (not in an attachment). It should include your contact information: name, email, mailing address, a brief bio, and the names of the poems you are submitting.
                    · Send your poems in an MS Word Doc attached to your email. Please send your work in New Times Roman and 12 pt. font. Title your attachment with your full name and "Poetry Contest". Please send your 3 poems in one document, not three separate documents.
                    · Name and contact info should not appear on poems.
                    · Send contest submissions to (after PayPal payment): <crabcreekcontest(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending email)
                    · Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as long as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere.
                    · Deadline for all submissions: May 31, 2012.
                    · The winning poet will receive $200 and publication in Crab Creek Review.
                    · All entries will be considered for publication.
                    · The winner will be determined by our guest judge, Susan Rich (see bio below).
                    (We ask that friends, associates, and students of the judge not submit to this contest.)
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 21, 2014

                      2014 Crab Creek Review Contest

                      entry link:
                      The entry period for the 2014 Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest begins on February 15th with entries accepted until May 15, 2014.  A $200 prize will be awarded for the winning poem.  This year's judge is Sarah Vap (Arco Iris, End of the Sentimental Journey: A Mystery Poem).   The winner and finalists will be featured in the 2014 edition of Crab Creek Review.  In addition, all entries considered for publication.

                      Submission Guidelines:
                      • We welcome up to 3 poems per writer, 6 pages maximum.
                      • The entry fee is $10 per submission. Multiple submissions are allowed, but each batch must be submitted separately, with its own entry fee.
                      • Please submit works in .doc, .docx, PDF, or .rtf format.
                      • Choose a standard 12 pt font (Arial, Times New Roman or similar), and standard margins between 1” and 2”.
                      • Do not include graphics or embed any objects in your document.
                      • Poetry may be single spaced or double spaced.  If formatting preservation is a concern, please send your submission in PDF format.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 21, 2014

                        Subject: Crab Creek Review Poetry Contest

                        Crab Creek Review 2014 Poetry Contest

                        A $200 prize will be awarded for a single poem.  This year's judge is Sarah Vap (Arco Iris, End of the Sentimental Journey: A Mystery Poem).   The winner and finalists will be featured in Crab Creek Review.  In addition, all entries considered for publication.

                        The 2013 contest winner, selected by Natasha Saje, is Idrissa Simmons. Her poem, Kingston, Jamaica. 3am. Passa Passa Dance Party will appear in the spring issue.

                        Submission Guidelines:
                        Submit up to 3 poems per entry. $10 entry fee. Multiple submissions are allowed, but each batch must be submitted separately, with its own entry fee.  See website for full guidelines: http://crabcreekreview.org/index.html

                        Deadline May 15, 2014.