poetry contest: Poetry International

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 24, 2008
      Poetry International announces the inaugural call for entries for the Poetry
      International Prize.
      http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/Prize.htm

      The prize is for the best original poem, and the winner will receive $1,000
      and
      publication in Poetry International.

      In addition, three finalists will be published in that same issue and five
      honorable
      mentions will be designated and considered for publication.

      Only previously unpublished work will be considered for the contest, which
      will be
      judged by Ilya Kaminsky.

      Please include your name, phone number, and email on the cover sheet of your
      submission only, as well as an SASE and a check for $15. That reading fee
      will cover
      up to five poems, but you can include additional poems for $3 each.

      All entries must be postmarked by March 14, 2008.

      Thanks for your interest and good luck. We look forward to reading your
      submission!
      Poetry International
      San Diego State University
      5500 Campanile Drive
      San Diego, California 92182-8140
      poetryinternational(at)rohan.sdsu.edu (replace (at) with @)

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5, 2008
          Poetry International announces the inaugural call for entries for the Poetry International Prize.
          http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/Prize.htm

          The prize is for the best original poem, and the winner will receive $1,000 and publication in Poetry International.

          In addition, three finalists will be published in that same issue and five honorable mentions will be designated and considered for publication.

          Only previously unpublished work will be considered for the contest, which will be judged by Ilya Kaminsky.

          Please include your name, phone number, and email on the cover sheet of your submission only, as well as an SASE and a check for $15. That reading fee will cover up to five poems, but you can include additional poems for $3 each.

          All entries must be postmarked by April 15, 2008.

          Thanks for your interest and good luck. We look forward to reading your submission!

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 3, 2009
            Poetry International announces call for entries for the Poetry International Prize 2009.

            http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/Prize.htm

            A prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International is given annually for a single poem. Sandra Alcosser will judge.

            Submit up to three poems with a $10 entry fee by April 15, 2009. (Entrants may submit additional poems for a charge of $3 per poem.) The winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2009.

            Guidelines

            Provide your contact information & titles of all poems submitted, on the title page.

            Author name and information should appear only on the title page.

            No handwritten entries, please.

            Please make your entry easy to read no illustrations, fancy fontss or decorative borders.

            Simultaneous Submission Allowed: You may submit your poems simultaneously.  Please contact us if we need to withdraw your poem(s) because they have been accepted elsewhere.

            Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.

            A Note to Previous Poetry International Prize Contestants

            You are welcome to enter this year's contest, whether or not you won a prize in the previous year.

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
              Poetry International announces call for entries for the Poetry International Prize 2009.

              http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/Prize.htm

              A prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International is given annually for a single poem. Sandra Alcosser will judge.

              Submit up to three poems with a $10 entry fee (Entrants may submit additional poems for a charge of $3 per poem.) Deadline has been extended to May 15th. The winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2009.

              Guidelines

              Provide your contact information & titles of all poems submitted, on the title page.

              Author name and information should appear only on the title page.

              No handwritten entries, please.

              Please make your entry easy to read no illustrations, fancy fontss or decorative borders.

              Simultaneous Submission Allowed: You may submit your poems simultaneously.  Please contact us if we need to withdraw your poem(s) because they have been accepted elsewhere.

              Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.

              A Note to Previous Poetry International Prize Contestants

              You are welcome to enter this year's contest, whether or not you won a prize in the previous year.

              Poetry International
              San Diego State University
              5500 Campanile Drive
              San Diego, CA 92182-6020

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 19, 2010
                Poetry International is now accepting submissions for our 2010 contest.
                A prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International is given annually for a single poem. B.H. Boston will judge.
                Submit up to three previously unpublished poems with a $10 entry fee (entrants may submit additional poems for a charge of $3 per poem). Postmark deadline is April 23rd. The winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2010.
                Guidelines

                Provide your contact information & titles of all poems submitted on the title page. Author name and information should appear only on the title page.

                If desired, include a SASE for results.

                Please make checks payable to Poetry International.

                Please make your entry easy to read--no illustrations, fancy fonts or decorative borders. No handwritten entries, please.

                Simultaneous Submission Allowed: You may submit your poems simultaneously. Please contact us if we need to withdraw your poem(s) because they have been accepted elsewhere.

                Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.

                A Note to Previous Poetry International Prize Contestants
                You are welcome to enter this year's contest, whether or not you won a prize in a previous year.
                Address
                We do not accept emailed submissions. Please snail mail entries to:
                Poetry International
                Department of English and Comparative Literature
                San Diego State University
                5500 Campanile Drive MC 6020
                San Diego, California 92182-6020
                For More Information
                Please visit our website: http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 24, 2010
                  Poetry International’s 2010 Contest deadline has been EXTENDED to May 5!
                  http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/index.htm

                  Please note this is a postmark deadline. A prize of $1000 and publication in Poetry International is given annually for a single poem. B.H. Boston will judge. The winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2010. The entrance fee is $10 for 3 poems (add $3 dollars for each additional poem entered). We accept cash, personal check, and money order. Please make checks payable to Poetry International. Send entries to:

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 22, 2011
                    Contest: C.P. Cavafy Poetry Prize

                    Poetry International is pleased to announce its first annual C.P. Cavafy Poetry Prize. The C.P. Cavafy Poetry Prize is judged collectively by the hearty editorial staff of Poetry International. Each year, we will honor the great Cavafy by selecting one poem that injects our veins with jealous delight. You know that poem, it's the one you wish you had written, it's oh-so-staggering.

                    The winner will receive a $1,000 prize and publication in an upcoming issue of Poetry International. All finalists will be considered for publication, as well.

                    DEADLINE: Feb. 15, 2011

                    C.P. Cavafy Contest Guidelines
                    Include a $15 entry fee for up to three poems. You may include additional poems for a $3 reading fee per poem. We accept cash, check, and money order. Please make checks payable to "Poetry International."
                    On the title page, provide your contact information and the titles of all poems submitted.
                    Author name and information should appear ONLY on the title page.
                    Please make your entries easy to read––no illustrations, fancy fonts, or decorative borders. No handwritten entries.
                    Simultaneous submissions are permitted. Please contact us if we need to withdraw your poems because they have been accepted elsewhere.
                    Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
                    Manuscripts will be recycled.
                    We will announce the winner on our website and blog in the spring of 2011, so no SASE is necessary.
                    While we hope to be able to accept online submissions in the future, currently we can only accept submissions through snail mail. Please mail your submissions to:
                    C.P. Cavafy Award
                    Poetry International
                    Dept. of English and Comparative Literature
                    San Diego State University
                    5500 Campanile Dr. San Diego, CA 92182-6020

                    For more information on Poetry International, or to contact us, please visit our website: http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/index.htm
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 22, 2011
                      POETRY INTERNATIONAL PRIZE

                      A prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International is given
                      annually for a single, original poem. Submit up to 3 poems with a $15
                      entry fee. You may submit additional poems for a $3 reading fee per
                      poem. Steve Kowit will judge. The winner will be announced on our
                      website in the fall of 2011.

                      Please mail your submissions to:

                      Poetry International Prize 2011
                      Dept. of English and Comparative Literature
                      San Diego State University
                      5500 Campanile Dr. San Diego, CA 92182-6020

                      DEADLINE: May 30, 2011

                      GUIDELINES:
                      Provide your contact information & the titles of all poems submitted on
                      the title page.

                      Author name and information should appear ONLY on the title page.

                      Please make your entry easy to read––no illustrations, fancy fonts or
                      decorative borders. No handwritten entries, please.

                      Simultaneous submissions are permitted. Please contact us if we need to
                      withdraw your poem(s) because they have been accepted elsewhere.

                      Please make checks payable to "Poetry International."

                      Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you
                      wrote both the original poem and the translation.

                      No SASE necessary. We will announce the winners on our website and
                      blog. All manuscripts will be recycled.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 7, 2015

                        The C.P. Cavafy Poetry Prize

                        http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu

                        Submittable entry link
                        https://poetryinternational.submittable.com/submit/35673

                        Poetry International is pleased to announce its annual C.P. Cavafy Poetry Prize. Every year, Poetry International gives a prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International for a single poem. Editors of Poetry International will judge each submission.

                        To Submit:
                        Entry fee is $15. You may submit a maximum of three poems with a $15 entry fee. Each additional poem will require $3 extra.

                        Deadline:
                        November 23, 2015.

                        All entries are considered for publication. Please refer to our contest guidelines.

                        Submit via hard copy at the address below or on
                        Submittable.​

                        Send Hard Copy To:
                        Poetry International, C. P. Cavafy Poetry Prize
                        Department of English and Comparative Literature
                        Mail Code 6020
                        5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego State University,
                        San Diego, CA 92182

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 20, 2015

                           http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/contests_cavafy.html

                          To Submit:
                          Entry fee is $15. You may submit a maximum of three poems with a $15 entry fee. Each additional poem will require $3 extra.

                          Deadline:
                          November 23, 2015.

                          All entries are considered for publication. Please refer to our contest guidelines.

                          Submit via hard copy at the address below or on
                          Submittable.​

                          Send Hard Copy To:
                          Poetry International, C. P. Cavafy Poetry Prize
                          Department of English and Comparative Literature
                          Mail Code 6020

                          5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego State University,
                          San Diego, CA 92182

                          Contact Information:
                          Ilya Kaminsky, Editor
                          (619) 594-1522