8629call for submissions: Spry Literary Journal

    Jan 13, 2014
      Spry Literary Journal features undiscovered and established writers' concise, experimental, hybrid, modern, vintage or just-plain-vulnerable writing. It's a journal for people who excel at taking risks, who thrive under pressure--for people whose words and rhythms are spry. We are currently open for submissions for the second issue, which will be published in late April.

      We accept all short forms of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. We also challenge you to write sparsely (under 750 words) and submit to our Flash category. Submissions are requested in all genres, and simultaneous submissions are welcome. We have a strict blind submissions policy, and only accept writing through our submissions manager. Our third issue, featuring an issue with Michelle Disler, is live at http://www.sprylit.com. Please head over to see what we've published, review our current and previous issues, and to start conversations with our authors, poets, and staff members. In the past, we have been proud to feature Porochista Khakpour and Erica Dawson, whose interviews are available through their respective issues in our archives.

      As of our third issue, we are accepting art submissions as well. Art submissions will be featured in the "Briefs" section of our site, and will be accompanied by an interview with the featured artist. We invite you to extend this call for submission to any artists you feel would be interested!

      Please visit our submissions manager http://sprylit.submittable.com /submit to submit your work to us.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic