3181poetry contest: Laureate Prize

    Jun 30, 2009
      Each year The Laureate Prize for Poetry will honor one new poem that TNPR believes has the greatest chance, of those entered, of standing the test of time and becoming part of what we believe should be an ever-evolving literary canon. (Please, remember we are talking about the future, not about trying to replicate the past!) To enter, submit up to three of your best unpublished, uncommitted (not promised for first publication elsewhere) poems (10 page total maximum per group of three), along with your email address for results (no SASEs,please), contact information, a brief bio, and a $15 fee for each set of up to three poems entered.

      http://home.comcast.net/~sagecj/laureateprize.html%c2%a0

      Fee: $15.00. * Postmark deadline: 8/31/09.
      IMPORTANT: MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE ONLY TO "TNPR"

      The National Poetry Review, Post Office Box 2080, Aptos, California 95001-2080

      The winner will receive $900 plus publication in The National Poetry Review.

      Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but if the work is selected by TNPR for the prize or for publication, it must be withdrawn from elsewhere unless you have withdrawn it from us two weeks before our acceptance. Multiple submissions are acceptable with a reading fee for each group of three poems. Page limit per group: 10

      Please note that close friends, relatives, and students of the judge or the editor are not eligible for the prize. The judge will be asked to send back to TNPR's editor any poem that s/he recognizes; shou
      ld this happen, the entrant's fee will be refunded.