IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ALL CRN READERS!

  • Erin Casson
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 19, 2008
      Hello everyone. I dont know if you have read it but there is a new set of books out: Plague Year and Plague War.
      The plot of these books is about medical nanotechnology that goes wild, and starts destroying the Earth.
      They are written by a man named Jeff Carlson, he is a better writer on this topic than Michael Crichton with his anti nano propaganda book "Prey"
      The thing that bothers me about the Plague books is that they appear to strike fear about nanotech in people. carlson himself wants good nanotech for people, as do I, and he is a talented
       author.
      The books are about to be made into a feature film, I just found out.

      My question: Will such "scary Nano" books and movies frighten POLICY MAKERS and CITIZENS against GOOD Nanotech like NanoFactories, or not?

      Seven Seas Jim takes on ‘Plague Year’

      Feature version of Carlson's sci fi thriller planned

      Jim McNally of Seven Seas Jim is producing a feature version of Jeff Carlson’s high concept thriller “Plague Year.”

      The novel, which is currently the lead hard cover from European publisher Minotauro in Spain and has also seen major releases in North America and in Germany , is about a medical nanotechnology that breaks loose and devours all warm-blooded life below 10,000 feet elevation.

      “Plague Year” is the first of a planned trilogy published by Ace/Penguin in the U.S. and Canada .  “Plague Year” was released last summer and its sequel, “Plague War,” appeared this August.  Carlson’s other works include more than a dozen short stories such as the award-winning novelette “The Frozen Sky” and an upcoming adventure novel in collaboration with New York Times bestselling author David Brin.

      Of “Plague Year,” McNally said, “It’s the unusual concept that spoke to me first, but ultimately the characters in this story are who really grabbed me—their grit and their resourcefulness in the face of ever-mounting odds.”

      Film rights were secured via Vince Gerardis of the Created By Agency in a “nice” option against a mid-six figure pickup.

      Jim McNally was vice president at LifeSize Entertainment, an international sales company and domestic distributor of over 50 specialty titles such as Academy Award Nominee "Zus and Zo," Spirit Award Nominee "Oasis," Kim Ki Duk's "Time" and Venice film festival award winner "Khadak."  McNally is also the producer and editor of the feature films "Sleepover" and "Fear House." He envisions "Plague Year" as a post-apocalyptic summer blockbuster.

      Readers can find free excerpts of both novels at Carlson's web site at www.jverse.com along with tour dates, blog, videos, contests, and more.

    • Erin Casson
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 19, 2008
        I read the books by the way, ofcourse. The designers of them (Actually a Bio Nano  mix) make it so they have these "hyper baric fuses" that make it so they cannot survive in high pressure enviroments and above 10 000 feet above sea level.

        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 23, 2008

          to find a small battery that is the size of a CD which can pack high power to start a car. This you can do with the association of battery manufacturers The technology if improved you can insert in the form of CD there by reducing weight and you can replace the CD once in three to Six months. How to make this Battery?
          Here is the way.
          Take thinnest copper wire may be 1/100 of an inch or lesser if you can, put it in a coil shape in a 10 inch dia vessel with the inner capacity of 10 inch. pour and fill with cow's milk with borax and hypo Close it with an airtight lid. Put it in a box, bigger than this vessel. and again put another vessel and make it a seven fold. Then remove the air from all the vessel starting from the outter one and reach finally inside the vessel where copper wire mesh is kept. By creating Vacuum , you are removing the ether and magnetic force from the vessel and the copper wire stores only electrons -ve charges only. This negative charge in the wire is bound with casein, and the milk will turn acidity which will boost the electron and the precipitated milk will bind the electron with the copper and the power is compressed. After storing this power keep in the same position for couple of hours then remove the vessel contains copper wire mesh. Here we can use other metals instead of milk but milk is safer. This is the system that the leaves of certain tree produces oxygen and electron.
          Then insert this in a converter that activates this electron.
          Hope you understand.
          This is Nano technology
          Need more information?

          From: Bryan Bishop <kanzure@gmail. com>
          To: CRNtalk@yahoogroups .com
          Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 12:23 AM

          On Monday 08 September 2008, okerdavid wrote:
          > Seems to me that space expansion is the only way to make our nano-
          > future safe as far as I can tell. I could go on and on about the
          > other benefits of human expansion out into space like overcoming
          > human's social propensity for becoming dogmatic which I would think
          > has been proven throughout human written history as a danger to
          > humanity . . . since after all, Humanity is the technologically
          > dependent species. Out in space, if a given space colony gets
          > ideologically split, they can split and go their separate ways;
          > those who are wrong with run into problems with themselves like the
          > way the Catholic Chrisitan church went through three bloody
          > revolutions during the dark ages.

          You might be interested in a few projects aimed towards this, like the
          Artemis society or Project Virgle.

          http://oscomak. net/
          http://google. com/virgle
          http://openvirgle. net/
          http://heybryan. org/exp.html
          http://sugarshot. org/ (joking sightly less than Virgle)

          The main reasons for doing it are other than nanotechnological safety
          concerns / fearmongering, but that works too. Good luck.

          - Bryan

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CRNtalk/ join
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:CRNtalk- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
          mailto:CRNtalk- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

          http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

        • r041051 iyer
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 23, 2008
            Nano power!
[...]

            Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.
          • ramesh p
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 24, 2008
              Yes,i want to communicate about our subject related.
              Ramesh P

              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 24, 2008
                If I get a chance to do this research I will do that.
                In this Connection I posted an article  with

                www.nanoforum.org

                I request all members to rtegister in that Website, read my post  and post your sugessions.

                I can make a Nano battery if I get a Chance through Nano maths and nano technology. This I quoted here..
                Please visit this web and post your reply

                Regards
                Ramachandran

                --
                Ramachandran

                -

                Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger.

                Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger.
              • sisila PRIYANKARA
                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 27, 2008
                  Thank you

                  okerdavid wrote:
                  > Actually, this might be more like what your looking for!
                  > http://www.physorg com/news14043832 6..html

                  Get your preferred Email name!
                  Now you can @... and @....