Citizens to be Heard, tonight 9/7, on Strat Plan/budget

  • Laura McKieran
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2006
      Hi all -

      Tonight is the last opportunity for citizens to come before Council prior to the 9/14 vote to endorse (or not) the Animal Care Strategic Plan.  We haven't put out a call for a mass presence because at the Council briefing last Thursday, every Councilmember who spoke was supportive of the Plan.  The same is true of the two representatives of RPOA, which has been the source of opposition to the Plan.  And we respect your time. :)

      But if you're nearby, haven't already committed your evening, or are a municipal government groupie, please join us for Citizens to be Heard at 6pm in Council Chambers at Municipal Plaza.  Make your voice heard on both the Plan and the FY07 budget allocation of funds to support Year 1 Plan priorities.

      We will without a doubt have division again as we work toward No Kill, and the broader and clearer the foundation of support for the Plan now, the better equipped to deal with those conflicts our community will be.

      So, again, Council Chambers are at N Flores between Commerce and Market, right next to San Fernando Cathedral.  Parking is available at meters, a daytime pay lot half a block north on Flores, or in the Frost Bank garage.  When you come in, you'll need to sign up to speak.  The sign-up sheet will be at the reception/security desk inside the east doors that open up onto Main Plaza.  It's there all day if you want to sign up ahead of time.

      And yes, I PROMISE that we're 102% sure there's a regular meeting tonight and you won't be coming downtown for nothing. :)

      Thanks -
      Laura McK