IMPORTANT Call to Action

  • LJTX1@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2006
      The Strategic Plan goes before Council Thursday of this week for discussion.   Your presence is needed!!

      We need to gather and show support for the job the Advisory Board is doing, and let Council know that we WANT the Board to explore and present effective solutions for our pet overpopulation problem.  We WANT to explore every possible means for our city to begin reducing the number of healthy pets killed unnecessarily every year.

      We support a strong, comprehensive spay/neuter effort in San Antonio and we need Council to know that.  A vital foundation for this effort is affordable, accessible spay/neuter services.  Trap-Neuter-Return for feral and abandoned cats is also an effective measure to control overpopulation, and we support this initiative.

      If you can, please plan to be at City Council with us at 6pm this Thursday to support all of us who want to see a heavy push for spay/neuter.  If you are willing to state your opinion to Council, you must sign up to speak before 5pm (the earlier the better).  We'd like to all sit together, and have as large a showing as possible.  If you absolutely cannot be there, please at least write the council members and the Mayor about your position on the need for an effective spay/neuter plan for San Antono.  All their contact information is on our website at www.changethesapound.org
      .

      Laura Stanford
      Steering Committee
      Citizens for Pound Reform -- www.changethesapound.org
      210-771-7079 (cell)

      "The greatness of a nation, and its moral progress, can be judged by the way its animals are treated"  --Gandhi