Public meetings on SA animal ordinance proposed changes

  • CPRNews-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2010
      Forwarded from Lisa Norwood at SA Animal Care Services. Draft ordinance changes are at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CPRNews/files/, titled "Chapter 5 revisions 2010-3-15-10.doc". (You have to log into the group website with a yahoo i.d. to see the file. If you don't have a yahoo i.d., please reply to this email and I'll send you a copy of the file.)

      Please attend one or more of these meetings to help San Antonio improve our animal laws!

      thanks
      Laura McK

      Citizen input sought as City reviews local animal laws
      Revised ordinance will effect public safety and enhance quality of life

      The Animal Care Services Department has scheduled a series of public meetings on possible changes to the Chapter 5 ordinance, a collection of city laws governing animal care in San Antonio. Meetings have been scheduled throughout San Antonio:

      Thursday, March 18, 2010
      Animal Care Services Facility
      4710 State Highway 151
      Time: 6-8 pm

      Saturday, March 20, 2010
      Southside Lions Center
      3100 Hiawatha
      Time: 9-11 am

      Tuesday, March 23, 2010
      Jefferson High School Auditorium
      723 Donaldson Avenue
      Time: 6-8 pm

      Thursday, April 1, 2010
      Northeast Service Center
      10303 Toolyard
      Time: 6-8 pm

      Tuesday, April 6, 2010
      Sam Houston High School Auditorium
      4635 East Houston
      Time: 6-8 pm

      Monday, April 12, 2010
      Igo Branch Library
      13330 Kyle Seale Parkway
      Time: 6–7:30 pm

      Tuesday, April 13, 2010
      Our Lady of the Lake University, Library Communications Room
      411 SW 24th Street
      Time: 6-8 pm

      For the last several months, members of the Chapter 5 Ad Hoc Subcommittee of the Animal Care Services Advisory Board have reviewed ordinances from municipalities throughout Texas and the rest of the country. In addition, a focus group consisting of local residents, government officials, animal professionals and advocates will make further recommendations to revise or clarify the current ordinance. Areas under review include:
      • Spay/Neuter options
      • Pet Licensing
      • Tethering and/or chaining animals
      • Animal Sales

      Any proposed changes will be finalized later this spring and all ordinance revisions must be approved by City Council before becoming law.

      Lisa Norwood
      Public Information Officer
      City of San Antonio Animal Care Services
      4710 State Highway 151
      San Antonio, Tx. 78227
      Direct (210) 207-6665
      Fax (210)207-6673

      Animal Care Services Lobby Hours
      Monday-Friday 11am-7pm
      Saturdays-11am-5pm

      Animal Care Services Adoption Center Hours
      Tuesday-Friday 11am-7pm
      Saturdays-11am-5pm

      ACS low cost spay/neuter hotline-207-6653