OwnUp SA!

  • Laura McKieran
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2008
      (sent as Special Notice - please feel free to cross-post)

      Have y'all noticed the OwnUp SA billboards going up around town? If
      you're like me, you can't believe it when you're just driving down the
      road on your way to buy 75 lbs. of kitty litter and you see Mayor
      Hardberger smiling down from a huge billboard advocating responsible
      pet ownership! (His cat is definitely NOT smiling.)

      Many thanks to the San Antonio Area Foundation Board and staff; the
      Consortium of Partners PR Task Force and its chair, David Gabler of
      UTSA; esd & associates, our PR firm; and of course our public and
      private partners, including the City of San Antonio and the Spurs.
      It's a great launch of the education side of our job, which goes hand-
      in-hand with services like free/low-cost spay/neuter.

      Please visit OwnUpSA.com and take the pledge to own up to our
      responsibilities to our companion animals - it would be great to see
      OwnUp SA paw stickers on cars all over town!

      And please come to the Pucks & Paws event this Saturday 3/22 at the
      AT&T Center to get your very own OwnUp SA yard sign - not to mention
      make history while gaping happily at another sight we never predicted -
      people bringing their dogs to the AT&T Center for a Rampage hockey
      game. Who knew? :) More information on Pucks & Paws follows in the
      next email and there's a flier in the Files area of CPRNews.

      Thanks so much to all of you for all you do. We have a loooong way to
      go, but we're making progress in ways we never imagined!

      Laura McK.