Message from Lisa and Rita

  • Laura Stanford
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      Just wanted to update everyone as to where Rita and I are at in regards to the ACF.

      Since we have been unable to get together with city officials for a meeting to discuss issues and questions that Rita and I have in regards to future and vision that the city has towards the ACF, Rita and I wanted you to know that we will not be returning to the ACF May 1.

      We want it clearly understood that our objective was not to get Sam to leave -- but to have long term effective change for the Animal Control Facility -- whatever that requires ie, cleaning protocols, vaccination protocols, better ordinances, effective shelter management, good leadership with vision, education, ect...  It is up to the city officials to decide what course they need to take to make progressive changes -- if that is what the real objective is.  We have seen that things are becoming dramatically worse at the facility.  Until there is good, effective leadership at the facility that would like our help in achieving a goal of betterment for the conditions there -- we will not be returning.

      Lisa Chandler
      Rita Braeutigam