REMINDER: ACS Adv Board mtg tomorrow 6/13 6:30pm, 131 El Paso
The Animal Care Services Advisory Board meeting will be held this
coming Wednesday 6/13/07 at 6:30 pm at the city training facility at
131 El Paso. There are maps in the Files section at
Dr. Baumann from UTSA will present the initial results of the
baseline Community Survey conducted as part of the Animal Care
Strategic Plan (see agenda below). We encourage everyone to come
here the presentation.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
A MEETING OF THE ANIMAL CARE SERVICES ADVISORY BOARD WILL BE HELD AT
THE City of San Antonio Training Facility
131 El Paso
ON WEDNESDAY, June 13, 2007 AT 6:30 PM TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING
ANIMAL CARE SERVICES ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
At any time during the Animal Care Services Advisory Board Meeting,
the Board may meet in Executive Session regarding any of the matters
posted below in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act (Attorney-
client, Personnel, Security, Real Estate) under Chapter 551 of the
Texas Government Code.
1. Call to Order John Bellett, ACS Board Chair
2. Approval of Tentative Meeting Agenda (action item) 5 Min. John
Bellett, ACS Board Chair
3. Approval of minutes from April 11, 2007 Meeting (action item) 5
Min. John Bellett, ACS Board Chair
4. Community Survey Results Briefing presented by Michael R.
Baumann, Ph.D., University of Texas at San Antonio (briefing item) 15
5. Housing and Neighborhood Services Department Update on Animal Care
Issues presented by City of San Antonio Housing and Neighborhood
Services Staff (briefing item) 15 Min.
6. Animal Care Services Strategic Plan Briefing presented by Leticia
Rivera, Special Projects (briefing item) 10 Min.
7. Veterinarian Manager's Report presented Dr. Melissa Draper,
Veterinary Manager (briefing item) 10 Min
8. Director's Report - presented by Jef L. Hale, ACS Director
(briefing item) 20 Min.
d. New Facility
e. QA Committee
f. Adoption Center
9. Standing Committee Reports
a. Executive Committee presented by Bill White, Board Vice
Chair (briefing item) 5 Min.
b. Operations Committee presented by Laura McKieran, Board
Member; Mary Abbott, ACS Board Vice Chair; John Bellett, ; ACS Board
Chair 5 Min.
c. Nominating Committee no report
10. Subcommittee/Ad Hoc Committee Reports
a. Chapter 5 Subcommittee presented by Pat DiGiovanni, Ex
Officio Board Member (briefing item) 10 Min.
11. Old Business
12. New Business
a. Appoint Rotating Operations Committee members for next
month - John Bellett, ACS Board Chair 5 Min.
13. Citizens to be Heard 30 Min.
14. Board Comments/Announcements 10 Min.
15. Adjourn John Bellett, ACS Board Chair
This facility is wheelchair accessible. Accessible parking spaces are
located in front of the building. Auxiliary aids and services are
available upon request (interpreters for the deaf must be requested
forty-eight (48) hours before the meeting) by calling 207-7245
Voice/TDD for assistance.