Success Story!

  • LJTX1@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2007
      Great story from Jay Pennington:

      1-24-07 I wanted to pass along some great news.  I was really thrilled yesterday evening and I wanted to pass this success story on to you all. Randy K. had his 10 month old female Saint Bernard named Dagmar stolen from his yard on about December 1, 2006.

      On December 5, 2006 Randy went to www.SApets.com and used the free “pet owner upload for lost pets” feature. On Jan 22, 2007, two Saint Bernards were brought in by the ACS trucks and were photographed and uploaded that day to www.SApets.com

      Several San Antonio citizens along with Donna Sanchez of ACS had viewed the ACS section of www.SApets.com
      for that day and remembered seeing Dagmar posted in the general public pet owner Lost section of www.SApets.com and they all emailed me about the possibility that the female Saint Bernard that just showed up might be Dagmar.

      I normally just forward these types of emails directly to the pet owner but this time I phoned the pet owner, Randy.  Randy then went straight over to ACS to look for his dog.
       That evening I phoned Randy back to see if the female at ACS was his own dog.  He was very excited and told me that it was his Dagmar!  He praised the system of www.SApets.com with the daily uploading of ACS pets from the trucks teamed with the pet owner upload feature.  He said that if it hadn’t been for this system and for the general public (and Donna Sanchez) that noticed his dog in the Lost section paired with the ACS daily section that he felt that he would not have gotten his pet back.  He told me that it had been almost 2 months that Dagmar was missing and he had almost given up hope of having her back again.

      Jay Pennington
      Pennington Technical Arts
      www.SApets.com
      Jay@...

      P.S.  Some time later today or tomorrow we will have had over 100,000 views of www.SApets.com
      since Sept 2, 2006 !

      We still need, however, some form of city wide advertisement of www.SApets.com
      and ACS so that it is common knowledge to go to SApets.com when your pet is missing.

      CPR members manning a booth at the Home & Garden show this month will be passing out flyers about the website.  We need to get these flyers to as many area vets as possible, and you could help with this.  We can upload a copy of the flyer to the yahoo boards for you to retrieve.
      --Laura S.