1Welcome to our news list

  • Laura McKieran
    Apr 5 2:21 PM
      Thanks for joining, folks. Too bad we didn't have this up and
      running in time for the big news yesterday, huh? :) But for those
      folks who may not have seen the coverage yet, please find Express-
      News coverage at http://www.mysanantonio.com/salife/pets/ .

      Sanchez will retire as animal care boss
      Laura Jesse San Antonio Express-News (04/04/2006)
      Animal Care Services Director Sam Sanchez said Monday he will
      leave the post at the end of April, capping an often tumultuous 16-
      month tenure marked by some needed reforms at the city's animal
      shelter but mounting criticism of its ongoing operations.

      Editorial: Pound director's move offers new opportunity
      San Antonio Express-News (04/05/2006)
      City has the chance to hire someone with expertise in the
      challenges presented by animal care.

      Video: Activists react to animal shelter director's plan to resign
      San Antonio Express-News (04/04/2006)

      The video interviews Rita Chandler and Lisa Braeutigam, the
      volunteers who founded ACS' adoption program and led it for over a
      year.

      One housekeeping note: we'll be following up in case folks are
      having technical difficulties with replying to the invite. So if you
      got an invitation at two different addresses and replied from one,
      please let me know at members@... so that I can take
      the other off our list and not annoy you to pieces.

      Thanks again for being with us, and for all you do for San Antonio
      and its homeless animals.

      Laura McKieran