Re: [CNYBabywearers] International Babywearing Week

  • Liz Keegan Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011
      Faith,

      I think your idea of a mall walk thru is a great idea! I'd be open to playmates during the week too - maybe we could meet at Onondaga lake and go for a walk (and there's a park there too) or walk around carousel... Just a couple of ideas - we don't really go to any open gyms or library story hour. Mrs. Cincotta might have a storytime we could go to though ( in shoppingtown I believe).

      I look forward the meeting this month!

      -Liz

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 1, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Faith Rayland <faithrayland@...> wrote:

      Reminder that International Babywearing Week is coming up October 10-16th and we'd love to hear your ideas for how to celebrate!

      An idea that I had is that we could do a series of babywearing playdates throughout the week, and different points around town.  For example, if you normally attend a specific library story hour or open gym, you could post to the group inviting other members to join you.  And wear your babies, of course!

      For our meeting scheduled on October 15th, my suggestion is that we meet informally for the first hour to answer any questions, and then do a mall walk for the second hour.  I would welcome and appreciate any better ideas though!

      Also, we are still looking for a Group Treasurer.  I hope I didn't intimidate anyone in my previous e-mail by saying that it needs to be a priority.  It really is not a huge time commitment and is a great way to become more involved in the group.

      Thanks!

      Faith Rayland
      Volunteer Babywearing Educator
      Co-Founder, Central New York Chapter

    • Kim Rosas
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011
        I'm game for anything.  :)

        --

      • nynanny3@yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 23, 2012
            Hi Babywearers!

            For those who have not been following on Facebook, International Babywearing Week 2012 is coming up October 8th-14th, and we've got some fun stuff planned!

            Monday October 8th, 10:00 AM - Meetup at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo at Burnet Park

            Wednesday October 10th, 6:00 PM - Fundraising dinner at Moe's on Erie Blvd. We will electronically distribute a flyer beforehand and for everyone who brings the flyer, Moe's will donate a portion of the sale back to our group! The flyers are good all day from 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM so if you can't meet up at 6:00, you can go anytime that day. If you'd like to arrange another time to meet some babywearers, feel free to post here or on Facebook! We are aware that kids eat free at Moe's on Tuesdays, but they only offer fundraisers on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

            Friday, October 12th, 10:00 AM - Meetup at Onondaga Lake Park for a walk or some playground time. If weather does not cooperate, some may relocate to Carousel Center / Destiny USA for a mall walk and carousel ride.

            Saturday, October 13th, 10:00-11:30 AM - BWI social at Basic Baby with refreshments and a fashion show! We'll also provide babywearing assistance if anyone needs. If you'd like to participate in the fashion show, please e-mail me with what carrier style you'd prefer to model (be aware that the default in the Yahoo group is "reply to group" so you need to manually change it to "reply to sender"). Please also be aware that Basic Baby has another class that day at noon so we need to be out promptly at 11:30. Get there early so there's plenty of time for fun, and if you would like babywearing help please plan to ask near the beginning. We'll still be holding our regular monthly meeting on October 20th.

            We'll also be holding a photo contest on Facebook during IBW! Prize is still to be determined, but we promise it will be good ;-)

            If you have any questions about IBW or anything else, please feel free to contact me. Again, the default on the Yahoo group is "reply to group" so you need to manually change it to "reply to sender" if it's not intended to go to everyone.

            See you in October!