Re: Beco

  • faithrayland
    Message 1 of 7 , May 10 8:42 AM
      Lisa and Lisa,

      The padded waist/hip belt of soft structured carriers like the Beco can help distribute weight to your hips, taking some off your shoulders and back, which is more comfortable for some wearers. I would say though, that if the problem is getting the baby nice and high, a mei tai might be better. With a soft structured carrier, the waist belt sits on your hips and there's not much you can do about adjusting the height. With a mei tai, you'd normally tie the waist straps at your natural waist but you can try tying them just below your breasts, on your ribcage (this is how Glenda showed), or even above your breasts (not if you're prone to plugged ducts!) in order to get your baby higher.

      Hope this helps,
      Faith

      --- In CNYBabywearers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Jannah Prentiss <lisajprentiss@...> wrote:

      > Lisa,I really really like the MT. I just can't seem to get Ali high up on my
      > back like Glenda showed us. So I'm thinking the waist padding in the Beco
      > might help.
      >

      > Lisa P.
      >
      > On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Lisa Emmons <
      > lisa@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I am curious about this feedback as well. I would love to get a MT, but
      > > there are so many options and styles out there. I'll be looking forward
      > > to seeing everyone's thoughts.
      > >
      > > Lisa E
      > >

      > > > Hey BW Mamas,
      > > >
      > > > I am partially to MT,but was thinking about trying the Beco because I
      > > > suffer from lower back pains. Does anyone think that it would make a
      > > > difference?
      > > >

      > > > Lisa P
      > > >

      > > Lisa Emmons
      > > Mother Earth Baby, LLC
      > > 56 Varick Street
      > > Oswego, NY 13126
      > > 315-719-4498
      > >
      > > Mother Earth Health Foods
      > > 733 South Bay Road
      > > North Syracuse, NY 13212
      > > 315-458-2717
      > >

      > --
      > Mom Of 7 Lovies

    • Tina Crowley
      Message 2 of 7 , May 10 9:21 AM
        I have a Beco Butterfly II, a Boba Organic, and an Ergo Organic - I'd be happy to lend the Beco to anyone interested in trying it out.  Last fall when I bought it, I struggled (actually found it impossible) to get my 35lb, 2 1/2 yr old on my back in it - I am now expecting Baby #2 this Sept, so saving it for then (thus, it's not for sale...yet).  I still wear my now 45lb 3yr old in the Ergo and Boba occationally - I can lend those out too, just not for too long.

        I haven't been able to make any meetings lately as we are in the midst of major home renovations and moving - I work in Dewitt and live in North Syracuse (and Home Depot, haha!). Just let me know.

        The padded waist/hip belt of soft structured carriers like the Beco can help distribute weight to your hips, taking some off your shoulders and back, which is more comfortable for some wearers. I would say though, that if the problem is getting the baby nice and high, a mei tai might be better. With a soft structured carrier, the waist belt sits on your hips and there's not much you can do about adjusting the height. With a mei tai, you'd normally tie the waist straps at your natural waist but you can try tying them just below your breasts, on your ribcage (this is how Glenda showed), or even above your breasts (not if you're prone to plugged ducts!) in order to get your baby higher.

        Hope this helps,
        Faith

        --- In CNYBabywearers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Jannah Prentiss <lisajprentiss@...> wrote:

        > Lisa,I really really like the MT. I just can't seem to get Ali high up on my
        > back like Glenda showed us. So I'm thinking the waist padding in the Beco
        > might help.
        >

        > Lisa P.
        >
        > On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Lisa Emmons <
        > lisa@...> wrote:
        >

        > > I am curious about this feedback as well. I would love to get a MT, but
        > > there are so many options and styles out there. I'll be looking forward
        > > to seeing everyone's thoughts.
        > >
        > > Lisa E
        > >

        > > > Hey BW Mamas,
        > > >
        > > > I am partially to MT,but was thinking about trying the Beco because I
        > > > suffer from lower back pains. Does anyone think that it would make a
        > > > difference?
        > > >

        > > > Lisa P
        > > >

        > > Lisa Emmons
        > > Mother Earth Baby, LLC
        > > 56 Varick Street
        > > Oswego, NY 13126
        > > 315-719-4498
        > >
        > > Mother Earth Health Foods
        > > 733 South Bay Road
        > > North Syracuse, NY 13212
        > > 315-458-2717
        > >

        > --
        > Mom Of 7 Lovies

      • Lisa Jannah Prentiss
        Message 3 of 7 , May 10 10:14 AM
           Thank you for the loan offers. Faith,it sounds like I better stick to the MT and just work on getting him higher up. I'll get some extra help at the next meeting.

          Lisa P.

          --
          Mom Of 7 Lovies

        • Kristin Russell-Miller
          Message 4 of 7 , May 11 5:51 PM
            I definitely agree with Faith.  I have several MT's (I'm the MT/SSC junkie) and I find I get a much higher back carry in an MT.  If I am going to wear for a while, then I may tie the waits over my breasts and then I tie tibetan as well to offer more support.  I'd be happy to show you how I get her there at the next meeting.  The type of MT and waist definitely make a difference as well.  Finding the right carrier and fit is such a personal choice!