International Babywearing Week

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2012
      Hi Babywearers!

      For those who have not been following on Facebook, International Babywearing Week 2012 is coming up October 8th-14th, and we've got some fun stuff planned!

      Monday October 8th, 10:00 AM - Meetup at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo at Burnet Park

      Wednesday October 10th, 6:00 PM - Fundraising dinner at Moe's on Erie Blvd. We will electronically distribute a flyer beforehand and for everyone who brings the flyer, Moe's will donate a portion of the sale back to our group! The flyers are good all day from 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM so if you can't meet up at 6:00, you can go anytime that day. If you'd like to arrange another time to meet some babywearers, feel free to post here or on Facebook! We are aware that kids eat free at Moe's on Tuesdays, but they only offer fundraisers on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

      Friday, October 12th, 10:00 AM - Meetup at Onondaga Lake Park for a walk or some playground time. If weather does not cooperate, some may relocate to Carousel Center / Destiny USA for a mall walk and carousel ride.

      Saturday, October 13th, 10:00-11:30 AM - BWI social at Basic Baby with refreshments and a fashion show! We'll also provide babywearing assistance if anyone needs. If you'd like to participate in the fashion show, please e-mail me with what carrier style you'd prefer to model (be aware that the default in the Yahoo group is "reply to group" so you need to manually change it to "reply to sender"). Please also be aware that Basic Baby has another class that day at noon so we need to be out promptly at 11:30. Get there early so there's plenty of time for fun, and if you would like babywearing help please plan to ask near the beginning. We'll still be holding our regular monthly meeting on October 20th.

      We'll also be holding a photo contest on Facebook during IBW! Prize is still to be determined, but we promise it will be good ;-)

      If you have any questions about IBW or anything else, please feel free to contact me. Again, the default on the Yahoo group is "reply to group" so you need to manually change it to "reply to sender" if it's not intended to go to everyone.

      See you in October!