Fw: donations of slings/baby carriers?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2011
      Hello Fellow Babywearers!

      First of all, I'd like to wish a Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and happiness in the season and any other holidays that you celebrate.

      Secondly, please see the forwarded message below my signature with a request for carrier donations for a program called Better Beginnings, through the Catholic Charities of Onondaga County.  It sounds like a group of moms who could really benefit from babywearing and it would be great to be able to spread the love!  For any donations, I will put together instructions for how to use the carriers safely and for optimal comfort/convenience.  I have CC'ed the contact person, Jessica Ellis, on this e-mail, or you may feel free to contact me if you have something you'd like to donate.

      Thanks, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

      Faith Rayland
      Volunteer Babywearing Educator
      President, Central New York Chapter
      http://babywearinginternational.org
      I work for Catholic Charities of Onondaga County, for a program called Better Beginnings, which provides free in-home therapy for parents who have children under five. We work primarily with very low income moms who struggle with mental health issues. I've noticed that many of our moms might benefit from being able to carry their baby in carriers such as the ergo or maya wrap types. They often have to travel by foot or by bus, and it can be very difficult, especially for those who have multiple young children. I am writing to see whether you might know any moms who would have carriers that they no longer use and would be able to donate to our program. Our moms work really hard to be great parents, and it's often the little things like this that make their difficult lives much easier.