Re: Babywearing International Meeting Saturday

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 15, 2011
      He is taller than a Barbie doll and very skinny.

      --- In CNYBabywearers@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Lefkowicz-Lacirignola <mlefkow1@...> wrote:

      > Quick question- how big is the elf? I know I've seen them- but can't recall. Let me know so I know how big of a scrap to bring to the meeting on Saturday. 
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Dec 13, 2011, at 5:37 PM, "Kim" <kdrosas@...> wrote:
      >
      > > That would probably work. I can't decide if a wrap or ring slingwould be easier to make!
      > >
      > > Thank you!
      > >
      > > --- In CNYBabywearers@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Lefkowicz-Lacirignola <mlefkow1@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Now that's just too cute! I will be sure to have one for you... I'm chopping my Ellevill Jade He into a shorty/scarf for me, and two 'fashion scarves' from the rest... I'll be able to chop off a piece for an elf-size carrier. Wrap-style okay?
      > > >
      > > > Sent from my iPhone

    • Melissa Lefkowicz
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 16, 2011
        Hi Kim!
        I've made the initial chop(s) on my wrap... are you wanting me to just bring you a scrap?  My plan is to finish off my sections of the wrap into a shorty and two smaller scarves - and I was going to go ahead with the actual sewing parts to make my new hems later on this evening once the boys go to bed.  I'm thinking that fashioning your scrap into a simple "Elf-wrap" would be quite easy... at least to finish off the chopped edges into a finished hem.  Then you could fashion the finished off wrap-piece into a ring-sling or keep it as a wrap style.  By the way... where were you thinking you'd find the rings small enough for an elf-wrap?!
        This gives me an interesting idea to submit to the Barbie-designers... they made an uber-trampy Barbie, right?  Why not set a better - actually GREAT example forall those little ones out there by making a new version of Barbie...  Babywearing Barbie?  (Could even have a cute little cloth diaper on the baby that would be carried by BWing Barbie, right?)
        Need to run, but if you get this and have a moment to let me know if you are okay with me finishing off this scrap piece for you, that would be great!  If I don't hear back in time, I may just at least hem it off for you so that it doesn't fray - but keep the scrap big enough for you to alter as you see fit for your Elf on the Shelf.
        :)
        See you tomorrow!
        Melissa