24Re: Beco

  • faithrayland
    May 10, 2011
      Lisa and Lisa,

      The padded waist/hip belt of soft structured carriers like the Beco can help distribute weight to your hips, taking some off your shoulders and back, which is more comfortable for some wearers. I would say though, that if the problem is getting the baby nice and high, a mei tai might be better. With a soft structured carrier, the waist belt sits on your hips and there's not much you can do about adjusting the height. With a mei tai, you'd normally tie the waist straps at your natural waist but you can try tying them just below your breasts, on your ribcage (this is how Glenda showed), or even above your breasts (not if you're prone to plugged ducts!) in order to get your baby higher.

      Hope this helps,
      Faith

      --- In CNYBabywearers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Jannah Prentiss <lisajprentiss@...> wrote:

      > Lisa,I really really like the MT. I just can't seem to get Ali high up on my
      > back like Glenda showed us. So I'm thinking the waist padding in the Beco
      > might help.
      >

      > Lisa P.
      >
      > On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Lisa Emmons <
      > lisa@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I am curious about this feedback as well. I would love to get a MT, but
      > > there are so many options and styles out there. I'll be looking forward
      > > to seeing everyone's thoughts.
      > >
      > > Lisa E
      > >

      > > > Hey BW Mamas,
      > > >
      > > > I am partially to MT,but was thinking about trying the Beco because I
      > > > suffer from lower back pains. Does anyone think that it would make a
      > > > difference?
      > > >

      > > > Lisa P
      > > >

      > > Lisa Emmons
      > > Mother Earth Baby, LLC