118BWI Membership Drive

    Feb 13, 2012
      Hello Babywearers!

      I just wanted to let you all know about a friendly little competition among the BWI Chapters during the month of February.  The chapter that adds the most new members during the month of February will receive a bonus from BWI to use toward our VBE attendance at the International Babywearing Conference in Washington, DC at the end of June/beginning of July.  Kristin and I are both already planning to attend, regardless of the outcome of the competition, and are excited to learn new information to bring back to our local chapter.

      Our meetings will ALWAYS be free and membership will NEVER be required for attendance.  For those interested, membership is $30/year and is considered a tax-deductible donation.  In addition to the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting BWI and our advocacy efforts, members are allowed to borrow carriers from our lending library for a month at a time, which can help save money buying and trying carriers that you may not end up liking, or only will only use for a short time period.

      If you would like to become a BWI member, you can bring a check made out to "Babywearing International of CNY" or cash to Saturday's meeting and we will have blank membership forms.  Or, you can send your donation via Paypal to bwiofcny@... - Paypal does not have an option for "donation" so please select Personal, Gift as that's the closest option.  If you cannot make it to Saturday's meeting but would like to join during the membership drive, please let me know and I can give you the address for our Treasurer, Melissa, and you can pop it in the mail to her.

      As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.  See you Saturday!

      Faith Rayland
      Volunteer Babywearing Educator
      President, Central New York Chapter
      http://babywearinginternational.org