Re: Rotary Axis Drive Motors....

  • Fred Walter
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2004
      "rainnea" <rainnea@b...> wrote:
      > I've discussed these units quite a bit in previous posts.
      > In a nutshell they're very good for their typical $30 price tag
      > but have non-adjustable backlash and aren't in the same league
      > as say, the Sherline CNC-ready rotary tables.

      $30 US versus $320 US.

      It would make sense to me to first experiment with the $30 units,
      and only if they weren't good enough, to try out the $320 units.

      Of course, if you have a CNC'd mill, in theory you can make
      an accurate rotary table... Anyone found any plans on the web,
      that don't require buying the headstock for a Taig lathe?