Re: slightly O.T. ---3d Digitizing Probe in 3DS / Microscribe

  • cnczeus
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2004
      I'm sure the MicroScribe works but manually collecting data is
      not fun. I frequently use the CMM at work to collect data for
      building duplicate molds and this is very tedious work. Using a
      program called QC5000 www.quadracheck.com I find it is usually
      quicker and easier to collect a few points on each geometric shape
      and import the data into Autocad to fill in the blanks. If there are
      no good definable shapes then send it to the laser digitizer and try
      to deal with the massive amounts of data collected. These laser
      digitizers can collect hundreds of points a second with a claimed
      accuracy of around .0002" although I believe it to be slightly
      less accurate. (about .0012 useable accuracy in my opinion.)

      Jeff

      --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "jim_clamp_it"
      <jim_clamp_it@y...> wrote:
      > Hello All,
      >
      > I'm intrigued with the Immersion Corporation's MicroScribe
      Digitizine