STL files

  • Tony Cortez
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2013
      Hi
      I am new at CNC and building my own machine.
      I would like to be able to bring 3D designs from Sketchup into Gmax.
      I can save into STL (Plugging) but I cannot find any open source plug in for Gmax to be able to import it.
      Is there anything out there that I cannot find or some other path from Sketchup --> Gmax
      Any help would be appreciated
      Tony
    • tom iliffe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2013
        If I remember you can use a little file importer exporter program named milkshape and turn that stl into an MD2 or Md3. There was a little tutorial on the format of this operation
         I think it was in cnc toolkit or gmax import tutorial
        Tom