Introduction

  • drpdj@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2012
      Hi Yahoo users. About me: I build and distribute the Pilot Pro CNC
      routers and appreciate being a part of this users group. I want to share
      CNC ideas and projects with you. I have started a windmill project. This
      windmill is a new design that is currently being prototyped. The ribs
      for the blades are made on the CNC. Other users have modified there
      routers to use a water jet, plastic extruder for 3d printing, plasma
      torch, and vinyl cutter. I would also like to hear about your projects
      and ideas for CNC uses as they relate to this group.

      www.pdjinc.com <http://www.pdjinc.com>

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2012
        Hi,
        Welcome to the group.
        You have an interesting website there, I'll add a link to it on the group's links page.
        Looks like you're involved in lots of very interesting projects. I didn't see info of your windmill project on your site, it'd be interesting to find out more. I know of one user who was using the CNC Toolkit for 4-axis cutting of his blades.

        Rab
        www.cnc-toolkit.com

        --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, drpdj@... wrote:

        > Hi Yahoo users. About me: I build and distribute the Pilot Pro CNC
        > routers and appreciate being a part of this users group. I want to share
        > CNC ideas and projects with you. I have started a windmill project. This
        > windmill is a new design that is currently being prototyped. The ribs
        > for the blades are made on the CNC. Other users have modified there
        > routers to use a water jet, plastic extruder for 3d printing, plasma
        > torch, and vinyl cutter. I would also like to hear about your projects
        > and ideas for CNC uses as they relate to this group.
        >
        > www.pdjinc.com <http://www.pdjinc.com>
      • Scott
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 13, 2012
          Hello, My name is Scott Makowski, have been lurking here in the background for a while. Just getting started on the tutorials to learn cnc toolkit. Some background in manual machining but nothing computer controlled. Eventually would like to build small 25 x 40 cm working area
          5 axis router. Located in Portland, Oregon USA.
        • Wolgamott M
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 13, 2012
            If you can afford it go bigger or you will be making a second machine.

            M. Wolgamott
            www.cnc-n-signs.com
            Central Lake, MI 49622
            231-350-3958 new number
            or return an e-mail mnwolgamott@...

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 13, 2012
              Deciding how big is a real dilemma for me too. Then I saw videos of dental
              mills(4 and more axes), and they all follow a format of a 98mm disc. It's a
              nice size, and material of various grades is available for it. In fact, if
              one develops a machine on this format, you might have a saleable item for
              doing dental wax models. (or better)

              Here's some info. There are a lot of other videos;

              http://www.white-peaks-dental.com/coprawax.php

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO83Ni32VRI

              Regards
              Roland