Tutorial

  • walter
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9 9:29 PM
      Hi I am working on the cncforfree tutorial and I have gotten stuck on the height maps in gimp. If I made a video for youtube detailing the steps that I doing from the tutorial would someone watch it and tell me where I am going wrong? After I get all of the steps correct I would also like to upload it to youtube channel so that others could lean from my trails.
    • Wolgamott M
      Message 2 of 8 , May 10 4:12 AM
        I'm very interested in this also, and wish I had the answer for you, Please post link here so we can learn too.

        thanks for your post.

        M. Wolgamott
        www.cnc-n-signs.com
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ftKz34BvA
        Pontiac, MI 48340
        248-812-1556 leave a message
        or return an Email mnwolgamott@...

        Message 3 of 8 , May 10 5:22 AM
          A video would be a great idea, although I'm afraid that I can't help you with gimp.
          Rab
          http://cnc-toolkit.com/

          --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "walter" <eod9910@...> wrote:

          > Hi I am working on the cncforfree tutorial and I have gotten stuck on the height maps in gimp. If I made a video for youtube detailing the steps that I doing from the tutorial would someone watch it and tell me where I am going wrong? After I get all of the steps correct I would also like to upload it to youtube channel so that others could lean from my trails.

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 8 , May 10 10:20 AM
            Please upload your video. I have worked through chapter 2 in the ebook (cnc4free.org). I am not an expert but I might be able to help. Perhaps when you figure it out you can upload another video explaining yourself. I think its a great idea and would help us all out.

            (Sorry if I post twice...I sent the message twice because my computer crashed on the first attempt.)
          • sumbollax
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014

              Hi there walter,

              I recently watched your youtube heightmapping tutorial videos.  I'm curious as to why there is no mentiouun of cnc4free.org or recognition of the fact that the copyrighted examples, files and techniques described in the videos originated there.

              It is not enough to say 'The Book'.  You are obliged to clearly identify the author.  I know that one of the main reasons updates at cnc4free stopped was appropriation of the site content WITHOUT attribution of the original source.

              I'm sure you would be fairly peeved if cnc4free.org was to snatch your youtube content and host it without acknowledging your involvemenrt.

              ---In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, <eod9910@...> wrote:

              Hi I am working on the cncforfree tutorial and I have gotten stuck on the height maps in gimp. If I made a video for youtube detailing the steps that I doing from the tutorial would someone watch it and tell me where I am going wrong? After I get all of the steps correct I would also like to upload it to youtube channel so that others could lean from my trails.
            • gjlyon
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014

                Sent from my Galaxy S®III

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014