Re: Good Value 5 axis Breakout board in the UK

  • Gordon Collins
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2010
      I'm with you Danny

      If you are looking for a cheep 5 axis CNC board this also is a good option, I'm just building 10 small CNC machines using the 4 axes version of this bored and they perform fine, I personally have a CNC machine that runs on servo motors, however this machine has cost me thousands to build, these grate little boards that have recently appeared on the market are grate news for people trying to fined an affordable way of joining this great hobby.
      Hear is the link to the 5 axis bored.

      regards Gordon
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-Axis-TB6560-CNC-Step-Motor-Driver-Board-Controller-/190425971722?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Automation_Control_ET&hash=item2c5645bc0a

    • yohoodi
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
        --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Collins" <itsalive@...> wrote:

        > I'm with you Danny
        >
        > If you are looking for a cheep 5 axis CNC board this also is a good option, ......

        Hi There,

        that does look like a well specified BOB... and I've noted the seller. If I was building from scratch again, then I think it would be a good option.... My only problem with it would be the fact that it's supplied from Hong Kong.

        Please don't get me wrong... I don't have any problem with Asian electronics or anything... It would only be the shipping time / distance to get a replacement if there are problems. This was the main reason I didn't just get a replacement CNC4PC BOB to take the place of the one that's gone faulty.

        It can be difficult to find BOB's supplied direct from the UK. I did find a couple of other options.. but they were either over specified for my needs and therefore cost more than I wanted to pay... or they were under specified.. I.E not much different than direct connection to the parallel port.

        It might well be worth making a list of BOB's that have been tested to run 5 - axis at some point.

        TTFN

        Danny
      • Gordon Collins
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
          If any one ells is interested, It took about 2 weeks to arrive, and was postage free.
          Happy Days Gordon

        • wsoeldner
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
            Does anyone know if I can use this to replace my Fireball V90 BOB. I want to add another axis to my CNC. I have the yellow NEMA 23 motors rated at 3A (12-36V).

            Thanks,

            Warren

            --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Collins" <itsalive@...> wrote:

            > If any one ells is interested, It took about 2 weeks to arrive, and was postage free.
            > Happy Days Gordon

          • Gordon Collins
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2010
              Hi Warren

              I only run small frame 17 motors, with a 12V 10A Power supply, and I'm going to sell the CNC's as a hobby machine, this bored stats, 5 Axis TB6560 CNC Stepper Motor Driver 12-36V 3A.
              So I guess it will.

              Happy days Gordon

            • Andrewdavid.mathison
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2010
                Dear wsoeldner

                if you know the pin outs you are using now from the parallel port, you can check as to which ones they have used.

                Good software can reconfigure the port pins.

                In a worst case condition, you might have to wire a PP cable to adjust the pin outs, a relatively easy task....

                Greetings from

                Andy Mathison