Can generate 2D toolpaths but not 3D, help?

  • suborganism
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2010
      I'm running 3D Studio Max Design 2010 and the latest Toolkit version (4.30L, I believe). I was going through the manual from cnc4free, step by step, just following along with the examples and everything was fine drawing 2D shapes and creating toolpaths but, when I extrude the shapes or just drop a sphere or some other 3D object and try to generate a toolpath from that, nothing happens. Well, more accurately, a single circular shape is drawn very small on the Y and Z axis and, when selected, it says that is the toolpath. I've tried numerous different tool settings, machine configs, etc. They all react the same way. I'm not sure how to post a picture here otherwise I would supply a screen shot. Any ideas?