b and c axis

  • machineman_55
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi, I am new to this group.I am toolmaker by trade. I have worked
      with things mechanical all my life and very basic electricity no
      electronics. got into computers about 5 years ago got into hobby cnc
      last year. I have a collection of manual machines at home and an
      almost complete cnc router homemade.I am learning electronics as I go
      with the help of several friends. Now I find this site last week and
      now I feel like a kid in a candy store again. This opens up alot of
      new horizons for me. I would like to know about the b and c axis on
      the five axis mill. what size gears and what type of motors are
      those? Also what controller software are you using? I would like to
      put this on my next mill. Your help would be most appreciated.
      Terry
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
        Hi Terry,

        Welcome,
        Take a browse through the previous messages on this forum, there's
        been some discussions on the rotary axes there which should answer
        most of your questions.

        I use Mach2 for the control software, see;
        http://www.artofcnc.ca

        Regards,

        Rab

        --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "machineman_55" <explorer@b...>