Gmax download?

  • meistro150
    Message 1 of 11 , May 12, 2010
      Hi guys. I'm looking to check out the toolkit but it seems that the Gmax links don't work. Anyone have a working link?
    • BEVERLY GODFREY
      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2010
      • meistro150
        Message 3 of 11 , May 12, 2010
          strange, when I hover the download link I can see the .exe, then is goes to a download manager type thing, with no file. Will the toolkit work on 3DSmax 8?

          --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "BEVERLY GODFREY" <tgwoodcraft@...> wrote:

          > Try this http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax
          > tgfour

        • yohoodi
          Message 4 of 11 , May 13, 2010
            --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "meistro150" <mark@...> wrote:

            > strange, when I hover the download link I can see the .exe, then is goes to a download manager type thing, with no file. Will the toolkit work on 3DSmax 8?
            >
            > --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "BEVERLY GODFREY" <tgwoodcraft@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Try this http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax
            > > tgfour

            Hi there,

            I think the toolkit has been tested to run OK below 3DSMAX 8...

            The gmax download at the above link is still working.. I've just tested it by downloading it again myself.. I think your problems might be related to browser or OS.. Using firefox 3.6 I don't see any download manager at all and just get the option to save the file.. which then downloads immediately...

            It would probably be helpful to use gmax if you plan on using any of the cnc4free.org tutorial material. All of the support files are .gmax format.. as this is the largest user base. There's an update imminent to the cnc4free.org tutorial content... LOTS of fast new toolpathing stuff for 3,4 and 5 axis relief work and intaglio carving.. so it would probably be helpful to be able to access .gmax format..

            hope this helps

            Danny
          • Mark Hubrich
            Message 5 of 11 , May 13, 2010
              Yep, browser related. My pc at work got it ok. Thanks for the help. :)
              Another quick topic:

              Does the toolkit support 7or more axis articulated robot motion?

              Thanks!!

              > strange, when I hover the download link I can see the .exe, then is
              goes to a download manager type thing, with no file. Will the toolkit
              work on 3DSmax 8?

              > --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:CNC_Toolkit%40yahoogroups.com> , "BEVERLY GODFREY"

              Message 6 of 11 , May 14, 2010
                Thanks, it must have been a browser issue because I was able to get it on my work pc.

                Now that I can dive right in, is anyone working with a 6 dof robot arm with turntable workholder? This is my particular field of interest.

                Mark

                Message 7 of 11 , May 15, 2010
                  Hi Mark,
                  If you can create a model of your robot arm in MAX / GMAX and link it with inverse kinematics such that if you move the tool then the rest of the arm moves in proper relationship with it then I can help with developing the post-processor to create the necessary GCode.
                  Rab

                  --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "meistro150" <mark@...> wrote:
                  > Now that I can dive right in, is anyone working with a 6 dof robot arm with turntable workholder? This is my particular field of interest.
                  >
                  > Mark
                • Mark Hubrich
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 15, 2010
                    Hi Rab,

                    That would be great!! It may be a few weeks, but I'll do that :) I need
                    to finish remodelling my garage first if I can maintain my self control
                    :D

                    Mark

                    If you can create a model of your robot arm in MAX / GMAX and link it
                    with inverse kinematics such that if you move the tool then the rest of
                    the arm moves in proper relationship with it then I can help with
                    developing the post-processor to create the necessary GCode.
                    Rab

                    --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:CNC_Toolkit%40yahoogroups.com> , "meistro150" <mark@...> wrote:
                    > Now that I can dive right in, is anyone working with a 6 dof robot arm
                    with turntable workholder? This is my particular field of interest.

                    > Mark

                  • meistro150
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 22, 2010
                      Thats great!! I'm still working on it :) I uploaded the progress to the files section. I have to learn how to do bones in gmax. Also I need to design my spindle and turntable and place them accordingly. I still have a ways to go and work on it whenever I get a chance :D

                      Mark

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 23, 2010
                        Good modeling, let us know how the next stage goes,
                        Rab

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 24, 2010
                          As many axes as you want but would need a bit of modifying of the code.
                          Rab