RE: [CNC_Toolkit] CNC Tookit

  • Wayne Biles
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010
      Have you downloaded and installed gmax yet?

      Best Regards,

      Wayne Biles

      To: CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com
      From: mrom99@...
      Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:41:16 +0000
      Subject: [CNC_Toolkit] CNC Tookit

      Hi,
      I am new to this site as well as to programming CNC.
      How do I get access to the CNC Toolkit software so I can get a head start.
      Regards,

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010
        file section, 'Latest Beta'
        also see;
        http://www.cnc-toolkit.com/cnc_toolkit.html
        http://cnc4free.org/

        Rab

        --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "mrom99" <mrom99@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I am new to this site as well as to programming CNC.
        > How do I get access to the CNC Toolkit software so I can get a head start.
        > Regards,

      • Wayne Biles
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010
          RAB,

          Is it going to cost very much to put a 5 axis together?
          Best Regards,

          Wayne Biles

          To: CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com
          From: yahoo@...
          Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:01:34 +0000
          Subject: [CNC_Toolkit] Re: CNC Tookit

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010
            That's a very wide question and really depends upon the type of machine you're building.
            The quick answer would be that it only adds the cost of adding 2 rotary units onto the cost of a 3-axis machine.
            However, you may need to beef up your machine and extend it a bit to accommodate this.
            My first mill was a small manual Taig which I converted to 5-axis and still use to this day. The additional cost of going 5-axis was maybe £600 or so.

            Rab

            --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Biles <mrhickory@...> wrote:
            > RAB,
            > Is it going to cost very much to put a 5 axis together?
            > Best Regards,
            >
            > Wayne Biles
          • mrom99
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2010
              Thanks Wayne,
              That was the missing part.
              All is working.

              I have just started to learn the program.
              How good is it and maching small items in brass like Engraving small text in the 3 and 4th axis.
              My Mill can produce script which is legable less then 0.5mm in height.
              I have "XYZ" and a rotary table "A"
              I need to be able to engrave round stock on the ends and around the stock.
              I was looking at initially VCarve Pro or 2L pro1/2, but they are not cheap.
              I am currently using Mach3 and DeskEngrave, but want more capability.

              Regards,
              Mauri

              --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Biles <mrhickory@...> wrote:

              > Have you downloaded and installed gmax yet?
              >
              > Best Regards,
              >
              > Wayne Biles
              >

              > To: CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com
              > From: mrom99@...
              > Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:41:16 +0000
              > Subject: [CNC_Toolkit] CNC Tookit
              >

              > Hi,
              > I am new to this site as well as to programming CNC.
              > How do I get access to the CNC Toolkit software so I can get a head start.
              > Regards,

            • Wayne Biles
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
                I really am not the guy to ask that question. I'm really more interested in Laser data to Machining Busts of people.

                Best Regards,

                Wayne Biles

                To: CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com
                From: mrom99@...
                Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 03:28:00 +0000

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2010
                  A reminder that there's a number of free CAM or very low cost programs linked from Danny's site at; http://cnc4free.org
                  Also there are Danny's tutorials for doing a great deal of quite complex work with the CNC Toolkit.

                  Rab
                • bralwel
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 3, 2010
                    Wayne,

                    I'm interestes in the same thing. What are you using for laser scanning? Anything I've seen that is reasonably priced is very slow.

                    --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Biles <mrhickory@...> wrote:

                    > I really am not the guy to ask that question. I'm really more interested in Laser data to Machining Busts of people.
                    >
                    > Best Regards,
                    >
                    > Wayne Biles
                    >

                    > To: CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: mrom99@...
                    > Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 03:28:00 +0000
                    > Subject: [CNC_Toolkit] Re: CNC Tookit
                    >

                    > Thanks Wayne,
                    > That was the missing part.
                    > All is working.
                    >
                    > I have just started to learn the program.
                    > How good is it and maching small items in brass like Engraving small text in the 3 and 4th axis.
                    > My Mill can produce script which is legable less then 0.5mm in height.
                    > I have "XYZ" and a rotary table "A"
                    > I need to be able to engrave round stock on the ends and around the stock.
                    > I was looking at initially VCarve Pro or 2L pro1/2, but they are not cheap.
                    > I am currently using Mach3 and DeskEngrave, but want more capability.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Mauri
                    >
                    > --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Biles <mrhickory@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Have you downloaded and installed gmax yet?
                    > >
                    > > Best Regards,
                    > >
                    > > Wayne Biles
                    > >

                    > > To: CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com
                    > > From: mrom99@
                    > > Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:41:16 +0000
                    > > Subject: [CNC_Toolkit] CNC Tookit
                    > >

                    > > Hi,
                    > > I am new to this site as well as to programming CNC.
                    > > How do I get access to the CNC Toolkit software so I can get a head start.
                    > > Regards,

                  • spindleling
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 4, 2010
                      Hallo guys,
                      Some of you might be interested in checking this out.
                      It's a moderately priced laser scanner kit:

                      <http://cgi.ebay.it/DAVID-LASER-SCANNER-3D-0-2MM-CNC-CAD-CAM-STL-STEREO-CGA_W0QQitemZ320480253122QQcmdZViewItemQQptZScanner?hash=item4a9e1c94c2>

                      Regards.
                    • Norm Lajoie
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 4, 2010
                        How much is he asking for Shipping....?

                        Right from the Manufacturer.. they ask like 150$ just for shipping... and they want to add Sale Taxes on top of it...
                        We are talking of a USB drive a small laser and Web Cam plus a cardboard background...

                        Don't know why it would cost 150$ shipping...?

                        Thanks for sharing the link ... I just hope that program would be available from a distributor in North America so we could save a bit on shipping....

                        Very cool program none the less....

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 5, 2010
                          I think there is some misunderstanding.
                          Shipping costs shouldn't exceed 50$ to North America for the whole bundle, but if you are interested you could just buy the USB dongle with the software for half the price and you put your own laser pointer pen, webcam plus cardboard with holes in the background (there are instructions to do that).
                          I don't know much more about this matter but I can ask further informations to the guy who sells it.
                          Regards.
                          Andreas

                          --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "Norm Lajoie" <nlajoie@...> wrote:

                          > How much is he asking for Shipping....?
                          >
                          > Right from the Manufacturer.. they ask like 150$ just for shipping... and they want to add Sale Taxes on top of it...
                          > We are talking of a USB drive a small laser and Web Cam plus a cardboard background...
                          >
                          > Don't know why it would cost 150$ shipping...?
                          >
                          > Thanks for sharing the link ... I just hope that program would be available from a distributor in North America so we could save a bit on shipping....
                          >
                          > Very cool program none the less....

                        • Norm Lajoie
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 5, 2010
                            Too bad these guys are stuck with such Expensive postal fees and if you
                            read the fine prints.. there are even more hidden fees if Customs forms
                            needs to be filled !

                            Even just for the dongle (USB Drive) it's still 65 Euro= 100$ to ship to
                            Canada ! or the United States for that Matter !

                            It's a good Deal over Europe for sure.and Looks a Cool Program to experiment
                            with.. from a mere 15$ to about 50$ is OK. but a 100$ on top of

                            500$+ for the kit. Hummm I'll have to weigh the Pro and Cons before I
                            make the jump !

                            I wish those guys had an authorized dealer in America and they would sell
                            even more

                            Those figures are from the DAVID store. not from the guy in Italy !

                            Take care !

                            _____

                            --- In CNC_Toolkit@ <mailto:CNC_Toolkit%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,
                            "Norm Lajoie" <nlajoie@...> wrote:

                            > How much is he asking for Shipping....?
                            >
                            > Right from the Manufacturer.. they ask like 150$ just for shipping... and
                            they want to add Sale Taxes on top of it...
                            > We are talking of a USB drive a small laser and Web Cam plus a cardboard
                            background...

                            > Don't know why it would cost 150$ shipping...?
                            >
                            > Thanks for sharing the link ... I just hope that program would be
                            available from a distributor in North America so we could save a bit on
                            shipping....

                            > Very cool program none the less....

                          • Gordon Collins
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 6, 2010
                              Hi

                              you guys in the US can always go for the NextEngine 3D Scanner, I bout one of these 2 years ago and had to pay a large postage and import tax, it seems that every thing I buy comes from the US or China, so try not to gumball to much, It usually costs us in the UK more.

                              regards