Homing the C axisr when B and z axis do not intersect

  • shimstock001
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
      I refer to a gantry type machine with a B and C axis on the head.

      Does the Z axis and the B axis must intersect for the toolkit to work?

      What should be the homing position for the C axis when the B axis and the z axis do not intersect.

      Regards
      John
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2009
        Hi John,

        The post-processor can be configured to account for this type of thing although I'm assuming that you're perhaps referring to the pivot point of the B-Axis not intersecting with the pivot point of the C-axis.

        Rab

        --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "shimstock001" <shimstock001@...> wrote:

        > I refer to a gantry type machine with a B and C axis on the head.
        >
        > Does the Z axis and the B axis must intersect for the toolkit to work?
        >
        > What should be the homing position for the C axis when the B axis and the z axis do not intersect.
        >
        > Regards
        > John

      • John Raleigh
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9, 2009

          I am trying to figure out  what is the proper homing position for the C axis when B and C axis do not intersect.
          My question is what of the following two home position should be used for C: Is it:
          a) the angle C at which a rotation of the B axis gives a motion that results in the cutter moving at a constant Y
          or
          b) the angle C that will allow the C axis and the spindle to be on the same x coordinate.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 11, 2009
            option 'b' is the correct one for a BC layout

            if you homed as per 'a' that would give you an AB layout

            regards,
            Rab