converting a tool path to g code

  • dialman321
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2006
      I have an image in 3ds max that I have made a toolpath etc for. When I
      export the toolpath in g code to my machining file I only get a part
      of the toolpath transfering. This becomes apparent when I pull it into
      mach 2. What am I doing wrong?.
    • Fernando
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 2006
        You might have a demo version of mach2 which is limitted to 1000 lines
        of gcode.
        --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "dialman321" <dialman@...> wrote:

        > I have an image in 3ds max that I have made a toolpath etc for. When I
        > export the toolpath in g code to my machining file I only get a part
        > of the toolpath transfering. This becomes apparent when I pull it into
        > mach 2. What am I doing wrong?.

      • dialman321
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2006
          I have a full version of mach2. The g code is about 5000 lines that
          goes across to it but that is only a part of the item that I wish to
          machine.

          Regards
          David
          --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "Fernando" <spudgun6@...> wrote:

          > You might have a demo version of mach2 which is limitted to 1000
          lines
          > of gcode.
          > --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "dialman321" <dialman@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have an image in 3ds max that I have made a toolpath etc for.
          When I
          > > export the toolpath in g code to my machining file I only get a
          part
          > > of the toolpath transfering. This becomes apparent when I pull it
          into
          > > mach 2. What am I doing wrong?.

        • Graham Stabler
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 20, 2006
            --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "dialman321" <dialman@...> wrote:

            > I have a full version of mach2. The g code is about 5000 lines that
            > goes across to it but that is only a part of the item that I wish to
            > machine.
            >
            > Regards
            > David

            does the tool path itself look complete, i.e. the lines that are
            produced and then converted to g-code by the toolkit?

            Graham
          • dialman321
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 21, 2006
              --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Stabler" <eexgs@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "dialman321" <dialman@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I have a full version of mach2. The g code is about 5000 lines
              that
              > > goes across to it but that is only a part of the item that I
              wish to
              > > machine.
              > >
              > > Regards
              > > David
              >

              > does the tool path itself look complete, i.e. the lines that are
              > produced and then converted to g-code by the toolkit?
              >
              > Graham

              Thanks for the pointer, I checked back and the toolpath is perfect.
              I have checked it through my system and found that mach2 was running
              in demo mode! don't know how that happened but now runs the gcode to
              the end. Thats the trouble with having it installed on my home pc
              and on the dedecated pc at my workshop.
              Thanks again for all your help.
              David