Spline Angles

  • peters220
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hi Rab: Happy new year! I have been using flat parallel splines to
      project onto my 6" test pieces. I have reconfigured my router to make
      full size 8' test pieces. With 6" pieces it was easy to edit (delete)
      the projected splines to get rid of the ones that were more than a few
      degrees from being parallel with the Z axis. With the full size pieces
      there is a cloud of splines and it is not possible to edit them the
      way I was with the 6" test pieces. Is it possible to use parts of CNC
      Toolkit or GMAX that I am not familiar with to edit the projected
      splines? Is it possible to configure CNC Toolkit or GMAX to ignore or
      not plot splines that exceed a certain angle from the Z axis? Thanks JP
    • peters220
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2006
          Hi,

          Could you give me an example, or a screenshot that shows this ?

          thanks,
          Rab

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2006
            Hi Rab, I will send the file via email. It is too large to post
            here. I want to edit out any toolpath that causes my "A" axis to
            rotate more than (for simplicity and round numbers)45 degrees.
            JP ---