LETTERS

  • mark kearney
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6 2:13 PM
      Is there any easy way to do letters, each time I create text I get the
      outline of the letters,that ok.
      But when I make my code it follows the outside lines of the text, is
      there any easy way to machine the letter shapes out i.e. like a pocket?

      Regards
      mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10 9:55 AM
        Hi,

        Not an easy way as such, you can use Corel Draw or similar to do the
        offset contours to create a pocketing toolpath and transfer via .ai
        or .dxf format.
        There are a couple of center line or stick fonts available which are
        fine for engraving.
        I'm evaluating SheetCam just now with a view to see how well it
        complements the Toolkit and visa versa, so far looks good. Is anyone
        here using it ?
        see: http://www.sheetcam.com

        Rab

        --- In CNC_Toolkit@yahoogroups.com, "mark kearney" <kearn1962@y...>
        wrote:
        > Is there any easy way to do letters, each time I create text I get
        the
        > outline of the letters,that ok.
        > But when I make my code it follows the outside lines of the text, is
        > there any easy way to machine the letter shapes out i.e. like a
        pocket?

        > Regards
        > mark
      • Don Rogers
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11 10:59 AM
          At 09:25 AM 7/11/2005 +0000, you wrote:
          >I'm evaluating SheetCam just now with a view to see how well it
          >complements the Toolkit and visa versa, so far looks good. Is anyone
          >here using it ?

          I've been using it since about day two. My only complaint is that the
          releases are coming fast enough that I've fallen behind in keeping up with
          them. For 2 1/2D work, either mill or plasma, you can't beat it.

          Les is forever Johnny on the spot for fixing problems and adding requested
          features. I have over 27 releases in my archives and I am missing as many
          because at times, Les has posted three releases in a single day when a bad
          problem shows up.

          Now,
          >There are a couple of center line or stick fonts available which are
          >fine for engraving.

          Where might I find these fonts. For small machine dials and such, the TTF
          fonts just are not what looks good. I've been on a search for the stick
          fonts for over a year now and the closest I've found is the Stick 40 font
          which comes with desk engrave. It isn't a single stroke font though.

          Don