GMAX-x,y,z

  • peters220
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2 5:38 PM
      Thanks for making this software available. When I open my dxf in GMAX
      my x is in the z plane my z is in the y plane and my y is in the x
      plane. How do I make them correspond? Also where do I set the
      standard
      units for the stepover distance,x dimention, y dimention, and radius?
      When I create parallel splines the splines are about one tenth the
      size of my object. I have looked at some of the tutorials but can't
      seem to figure it all out. Thanks JP
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3 1:06 AM
        Hi,

        Just rotate the imported dxf (Switch on 'Angle Snap Toggle' makes it
        easier)
        After you rotate (and especially if you scale) an object it's a good
        idea to go to the GMAX 'Utilities Panel' and press 'Reset XForm' and
        then 'Collapse' your object - this makes your transform permanent.

        I take it that you've adjusted the variables under the 'Parallel
        Splines' rollout ?
        You can set the default values of many of the Toolkit's variables by
        using the CNC_Toolkit.ini file at:
        Put this in your GMAX, Scripts directory.

        Rab

        Message 3 of 7 , May 3 5:55 PM
          Thanks for the quick reply Rab. As soon as my head hit the pillow
          last night I realized that the drawing that I was opening had an
          unconventional xyz origin. I will give your instructions a try.
          Thanks Again
          JP

          Message 4 of 7 , May 3 6:27 PM
            Hello Rab: I think that I have the xyz convention straightened out,
            but when I select Parallel splines and put in a value of 15000 for
            the x dimension, which is the length of my object in mm. It changes
            back to 1000. Similar for the Radius. Is it possible to make these
            variables larger? Thanks JP -

            Message 5 of 7 , May 5 5:49 PM
              Hello all: In my message about selecting the x dimention variable I
              typed too many zeros. The number should be 1500 not 15000. Sorry
              JP
              wrote:
              > Hello Rab: I think that I have the xyz convention straightened
              out,
              > but when I select Parallel splines and put in a value of 15000 for
              > the x dimension, which is the length of my object in mm. It
              changes
              > back to 1000. Similar for the Radius. Is it possible to make these
              > variables larger? Thanks
              JP -

              Message 6 of 7 , May 6 5:14 AM
                I've upped the range in Parallel Splines for you,
                download 3.12b.mse

                Also added is the ability to export in 6 Axis HPGL format as used by
                Compucutters

                Message 7 of 7 , May 9 1:23 PM
                  Thanks Rab: Tried the parallel splines. Works great. Could not get
                  back to you sooner. Spent the weekend at my son's college
                  graduation. Thanks Again